Anybody using a Boss GT-1000CORE or a Headrush MX5?

Rex Rocker

I'm currently using a Line 6 HX Stomp. I dig it for the most part, but it's getting kinda stale, and I wouldn't mind switching it up and get stuff moving to keep things interesting.

I'm aware either the Boss or the Headrush wouldn't be an upgrade. Maybe a crossgrade. I don't mind that. I just don't want it to be a downgrade.

I'm looking at these because they're compact and budget-friendy. To be honest, I don't really need anything other than a Rectifier model that behaves as realistic as possible. Same as a Tube Screamer, and some capabilities to fine-tune the EQ.

I don't really need anything fancier like a Fractal. As much as I'd love an FM3, it's a bit overkill (and oversized) for what I want, especially since I just really want a good Rectifier model.

Soooooo... opinions on either? Or do you guys think I'm better off keeping the Line 6?

I've used the GT-1000 core as well as HX Stomp. I think the Boss has much better sounding models, and I didn't have to do as much tweaking, sometimes none at all. YMMV, but if you can find it fairly cheap I say get the Core.

Back