Anyone ever tried Quitter amps?

VonBonfire

Was at a jam and had to plug into this little head that said "Quitter" on it. Was about the size of a large ham sandwich. I gotta say it was awful. Too much gain, too little gain. Muddy. Couldn't even remotely dial in a decent tone though I tried multiple times. I thought the amp was aptly named though as it was small and portable. Like something someone who has mostly given up on guitar would bring to a gig. A quitter amp. Why would you name it that? You know it's bad as I say because everyone was scrambling to plug into the Boss smh.

My eyes must be getting bad or maybe the lighting was too low. Or both. My eyes ain't as bad as that amp sounded though. What a piece of crap. I think I uncovered what hell will be like for me if I don't get my act together. Plugged into a Quitter for eternity with a telecaster or something. Oof.

My eyes must be getting bad or maybe the lighting was too low. Or both. My eyes ain't as bad as that amp sounded though. What a piece of crap. I think I uncovered what hell will be like for me if I don't get my act together. Plugged into a Quitter for eternity with a telecaster or something. Oof.
Maybe someone crossed that second "t" post sale? :dunno:

I used to work for a retailer that was one of the first to pick up the Quilter line, and I did a bunch of YouTube demos on them back in the day. I never really cared for the drive channels, but as a clean pedal platform they're quite cool. I even owned a Quilter Aviator head for a while and rackmounted it. It was my dedicated clean amp in my live rig and I would use either a Recto or a 5150 as my dirty amp.

Here's a video that I did using a few pedals.

Back