anyone have a 2x12 4 input wiring diagram stereo/mono?

sinfish

Anyone have a 4 input jack wiring diagram with the following options without the use of switches? I assume I would use a pair of 8 ohm speakers to achieve this. I know Ear Candy does this but my EC cab is mono only. So I can't copy it. I am doing this for a pair of 2x12 cabs I am building.

4 ohm mono
8 ohm stereo
16 ohm Mono

Thanks!

sinfish":of2o64pe said:
Anyone have a 4 input jack wiring diagram with the following options without the use of switches? I assume I would use a pair of 8 ohm speakers to achieve this. I know Ear Candy does this but my EC cab is mono only. So I can't copy it. I am doing this for a pair of 2x12 cabs I am building.

4 ohm mono
8 ohm stereo
16 ohm Mono

Thanks!

If your EC is mono, and you want to wire all this up without a switch ,you are going to need multiple jacks in the back of your cab. I'm sure EC has the replacement jacks that you will need.

You will be able to have a :
16 Ohm Load wiring in series (2 X 8 Ohm Speaker = 16 Ohm Load)
4 ohm Load Wiring in Parallel (2 X 8 Ohm Speaker = 4 Ohm Load)

And in order to make 8 ohms stereo you would have to use two 2x12
So I gather that you will need 2 o/p jacks in back of your cab.
On wired in series and the other wired in parallel and if you want a stereo 8ohm load you would have to use 2 cabs hooking the back of your amp to each of the 16 ohm wirings which would give you an 8 ohm load.

http://professional.celestion.com/guita ... index.asp#

Gainfreak pretty much nailed it and pics in the link he provided are good.

It seems to me that for the mono selection you would need to pick one or the other 4 or 16. You could then 'maybe' wire each speaker individually to a jack and get 8/8 stereo. Not sure if that would work actually. Especially without a switch. I guess my question would be why do you need all of these options especially on the mono side of things?

Question would be can a 'stereo' setup be accomplished by also wiring each speaker individually to its own jack in addition to one of the below wiring set ups.

ParallelvsSeries.jpg

It is actually a new build I am working on. I have the jack plates and Jacks. I just really only need a wiring diagram. Here is a picture of what I would like to do. I really don't know what ohm speakers they are using to get this configuration.

orange-back1-300x225.jpg

The 4 Inputs are wired as:
TOP = 16 ohm mono
LEFT = Left side stereo 8 ohm
RIGHT = Right side stereo 8ohm
BOTTOM = 4 ohm mono

Thanks again for your help guys!

This is how I wire my stereo cabinets using Neutrik switching jacks.

Attachments

• SpeakerJackWiring.jpg
    SpeakerJackWiring.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 2,398
Marshall does make a 2 input jack that does this. I have bought a bunch of them from Antique electronics for my 212 cabs, they are really handy. One of the big reasons I only use 8ohm speakers in 212 cabs...

sinfish":mt7ndark said:
It is actually a new build I am working on. I have the jack plates and Jacks. I just really only need a wiring diagram. Here is a picture of what I would like to do. I really don't know what ohm speakers they are using to get this configuration.

orange-back1-300x225.jpg

The 4 Inputs are wired as:
TOP = 16 ohm mono
LEFT = Left side stereo 8 ohm
RIGHT = Right side stereo 8ohm
BOTTOM = 4 ohm mono

Thanks again for your help guys!

yeah you did confuse me LOL! What threw me was the 8 ohm stereo. Now I get that you wanted each side 8ohms in order to run the cab in stereo :doh: top-16 left-8 right-8 Bottom-4 :rock:

If you figure out how to do this base on the picture posted (I can't make heads of tails of it LMAO!) Let me know becuase I'd love to do this to my EC cabs ;)

yes you would use 8 ohm speakers

what you pasted looks like it would work

you said you didn't want to use switches - which is why I was scratching my head.

Free bump

311splawndude":3gw7704h said:
yes you would use 8 ohm speakers

what you pasted looks like it would work

you said you didn't want to use switches - which is why I was scratching my head.

Free bump

Sorry I didn't even think it would be switching jack.

sinfish":ieghv15o said:
Hey protoplasma,

Do you have a part number on this jack? Do the ones you use have a Metal nose under the nut? All I can find are the plastic nose (part # NMJ6HC-S).

Also I would use 8ohm speakers right?

Sorry for all the stupid questions.

Are these the ones here? http://www.neutrik.com/us/en/audio/210_165491/NMJ6HC-S_detail.aspx
210_165491.jpg

Sorry, missed your reply. Yeap, those look like the ones. I get 'em from Mouser usually.

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=NMJ6HC-Svirtualkey56810000virtualkey550-NMJ6HCS

Back