Anyone Into King Diamond?

exo-metal":3pqid5hb said:
Abigail, Them and Conspiracy are all so badass. Andy and Denner, Pete Blakk, all beyond killer. Mickey Dee plays like no other. So glad I got to see them back in the day.

Funny story. Saw them on the Abigail tour and Trouble opened. I got kicked out because i was pushed against the stage when Trouble came on and it looked like i was in pain for a split second. Asshole security drags me onto stage and out the back. Says I was too weak to be there. WTF. It was a natural reaction to getting smooshed against a stage.

Anyway... Mickey Dee saw the whole thing go down. He came up to me, talked to me a bit, gave me a pair of signed drum sticks and said "you're watching the show from the side of the stage. So i got to see that show from the side of the stage thanks to Mickey Dee. Just a foot from the band.

Got to see Andy play a few feet in front of me.

First time I heard King Diamond was on Mercyful Fate best of tape. Looking at King in his corpse paint and leathers on the cover, I was thinking 50:50, this will either totally rock or totally suck!

And then the tape launches into Doomed by the Living Dead! Nuns Can't Have Fun! Corpse Without Soul! Curse of the Vampire! Black Funeral! Curse of the Pharoah!

I freaking love it, man! I have his Abigail live album as well and man, can he really do that live! Wow ahahaha! What a rush!

Fun fact! Andy LaRoque also played on Death's Individual Thought Patterns!

gibson5413":2c40d6hh said:
Love KD!! Abigail is my favorite of all time. Here is a cover I recorded of The Black Horseman recently:

https://soundcloud.com/gibson5413/kempe ... -chop-1987
Abigail my favorite too..my drummer friend way back in 88' used to always sing it while pounding out killer drumbeats.
My friend was a store manager of a big supermarket chain and he used to get on the intercom when the store was busy and "Lightly" sing this song,people creeped out and hauled ass ! It was hilarious !

Listening to abigail tonight. Forgot how great “a mansion in darkness” is. Great vocals, drums, and killer guitars

Gitfiddler":ztsfx7o8 said:
Listening to abigail tonight. Forgot how great “a mansion in darkness” is. Great vocals, drums, and killer guitars

It's always cool to come back to it and go "wow"

Been jamming the new DVD, it's pretty rad. Annoying that the camera cuts out alot of the solos, could of been due to it being a multi-night record... But wow King is back! and is wife helping out on the harmonies. Andy playing the solos not perfect. Great tone too

I’ve been listening to King D, Mercyful Faye, Sherman/Denner, and Snowy all week. Can’t get enough of it.

Previous in this thread is a mention of the programmed drums on the Eye. There us a video(cant seen to find) of King addressing this issue. He says that the drums were all played on a E-kit and the sounds were triggered samples. The only drum machine used was during the writing stage, when they worked independently and he sent ideas to Andy.

I have listened to The Eye recently and I think KD is telling the truth. Easiest way for me to tell a drum machine part is to find passages that are unlikely or impossible for a human to play and I dont find much of that here.

With the exception of Randy, Yngwie, Wilton/Digarmo, Denner....Andy is probably my biggest Rock/Metal influence.

Fav KD albums: In order of Pref

Conspiricy
Abigail
Them
Fatal Portrait
Gimme your Soul
Spider
Puppet
The Eye
Voodoo
HoG
Graveyard
Aby II

Fav MF:
Melissa
Oath
EP
Shadows
Time
Unknown
(cant remember last time I listened to these)
Dead

Panzer917-30":5gl5gc9g said:
Previous in this thread is a mention of the programmed drums on the Eye. There us a video(cant seen to find) of King addressing this issue. He says that the drums were all played on a E-kit and the sounds were triggered samples. The only drum machine used was during the writing stage, when they worked independently and he sent ideas to Andy.

I have listened to The Eye recently and I think KD is telling the truth. Easiest way for me to tell a drum machine part is to find passages that are unlikely or impossible for a human to play and I dont find much of that here.

With the exception of Randy, Yngwie, Wilton/Digarmo, Denner....Andy is probably my biggest Rock/Metal influence.

Conspiricy
Abigail
Them
Fatal Portrait
Gimme your Soul
Spider
Puppet
The Eye
Voodoo
HoG
Graveyard
Aby II

Fav MF:
Melissa
Oath
EP
Shadows
Time
Unknown
Dead

I think that solves that mystery! I'm listening currently and it's got human "groove" but it's missing dynamics due to it being sample based, but I'd take that over programmed drums anyday!

Metallica down-tuned and played riffs slower only to speed them up later, studio tools I guess!

Panzer917-30":15840mel said:

Conspiricy
Abigail
Them
Fatal Portrait
Gimme your Soul
Spider
Puppet
The Eye
Voodoo
HoG
Graveyard
Aby II

Fav MF:
Melissa
Oath
EP
Shadows
Time
Unknown
Dead
And here i thought i was the only one that thought conspiracy was the kings top album in his catalog. A few months back, i was trying to give it a shot to learn the album from front to back. Some guys has a site in which he tabs out a hell of a lot of the kings songs, http://www.abysslord.com/thetabcrypt/

KrunKGringoeZ":343vntga said:
And here i thought i was the only one that thought conspiracy was the kings top album in his catalog. A few months back, i was trying to give it a shot to learn the album from front to back. Some guys has a site in which he tabs out a hell of a lot of the kings songs, http://www.abysslord.com/thetabcrypt/

Nice site! I was looking to buy some KD tab books a few weeks ago, but found that it seems like no one makes those any more. :(

I haven’t listen to much of the band king diamond, but merciful fate Melissa is one of my favorite metal albums of all time

I haven’t listen to much of the band king diamond, but merciful fate Melissa is one of my favorite metal albums of all time

I also am going to St Paul show! Been a fan since Merciful fate. Watch some off the recent youtube live stuff. The band and King are sounding great.
Mwal

My first exposure to KD was THEM!

To this day, it is my favorite KD album.

King is on all of my playlists in my phone, in some shape or form!

Back