anyone tried the Rocktron Vendetta?

yeah...they sound nice..although not really my thing. its designed by Egnator. Pretty similar to a Marshall in tone.REALLY LOUD!!! Decent clean tone.I prefer his newer stuff IMO

Its derived from the old TOL series. Not the same components and it;s voiced more aggressively. I liked the one I tried. I do recall it being pretty versatile.

I tried the combo version, and it sounded horrible. Terrible clean, mid gain tones sucked, and the high gain channel just added treble to the rhythm channel. To me it sounded like a Crate.

I owned one once...sadly I was very dissappointed. The features were top notch, build looked really good, cleans were good. But high gain? Not my thing at all...in fact it lacked alot of gain IMO. I remember reading the review of it in GP and thought it sounded right up my alley...high gain, singing saturation but was a major dissappointment.

But let me say this, I've come to realize I am not a fan of Egnater voicing. Even his new stuff I'm not a fan of at all. So take it for what it's worth.

At the time i owned it I had a Powerball, a 5150 and a XXX...had just gotten rid of the Framus Cobra and for high gain it wasn't on any of those amps level in terms of tone imo.

IMO the Vendetta would be a great amp to have modified because the specs are really cool.

welp, quality is good, but ROcktron dictated the voicing to Bruce instead of just licensing the TOL stuff.

The voicing is kinda :(

not terrible, but I still prefer Bruce's normal designs. :rock:

I own a prototype, that I recently reverted back to factory specs (Bruce Egnater was kind enough to provide the schematic... 7 pages!)
It seems to be very picky about tubes... or maybe I am. I got channels 1 and 2 right where I want them.... great clean/slight breakup sounds.
I actually put it up against an Uberschall and Mesa Stiletto the other day... played through each about an hour through the same Bogner cab, and ended up preferring the Vendetta. That might have just been cause I know how to dial it in though... and I'm still learning new things about dialing tones with it, even after 1+ years!
As for distortion lacking... I never had a problem with that. I have to say though that I don't do uber saturated. I can do Rhapsody, Iced Earth, up to Blind Guardian without problems... it won't get you the Killswitch Engage tone though.

That being said, I've been trying to sell mine for a couple months now... no buyers.
I switched to a rack rig, GSP1101 + H&K Access + Multivalve + DHP-33 + Marshall 8008 into full range wedges. Reason: college. I can even practice with headphones and get a great tone now though.

Hope that helped! :rock:
E-mail me at eleanor296 at hotmail dot com if you have any more questions.

Andy

Back