Anyone try the Friedman irx?

Yes...

IR-X > Fryette Power Station > 2x12 cabinet (no IR or power amp sim ). I’ve not used it live or direct, will likely only see that duty if my regular rig cacks at a gig, or if we run into a situation we have to go direct.

So far really impressed with the results. I needed a backup rig that was easy to move, didn’t tie up an unreasonable amount of $$$ and sounded good. This sound here has exceeded my expectations. Both the IR-X and PS2 have so many different applications and are kind of no brainer decision on their own.

Reactions: rsm
I had one for 12 minutes. I ran it direct into 2 different PA systems. Sounded thin and small. Couldn’t get it back in the box fast enough.
That wouldn’t at all be how I would describe it. It sounds as massive as you want into the Power Station into a cabinet, prob more so into a dedicated power amp. I haven’t used it at all direct or into a PA, but I’ll give it a try tonight at soundcheck with our PA

That wouldn’t at all be how I would describe it. It sounds as massive as you want into the Power Station into a cabinet, prob more so into a dedicated power amp. I haven’t used it at all direct or into a PA, but I’ll give it a try tonight at soundcheck with our PA
Yeah… I’d be interested to hear what your take is.

id like to hear your thoughts too.

I thought I was the only one that didn’t like it. I was more interested for direct recording. For me the TC Electronics Jims 800 worked better for that
My entire interest in it is as a backup rig for gigs, unlikely I will ever use it as a direct recording source. 100% it will work with the Powerstation into a regular cab, sounds really good that way, takes up almost no space, is easy to bring out to gigs. I'll have a better chance today to give it a test direct into our PA, see what it does in that setup.

Back