Anyone using an attenuator with an MC?

LP Freak

I was wondering what attenuator works best with an MC? I'm obviously trying to preserve the tone as much as possible.

Lp Freak":1yfqtc4u said:
I was wondering what attenuator works best with an MC? I'm obviously trying to preserve the tone as much as possible.

Hey I think Shark Diver is using the Phantom from Faustine. They are pretty pricey but holds your tone better than anything else. Plus I think you can dummy load them as well which is an awesome feature!! I am thinking of getting one here in the new year. Here is the link.

http://faustineamps.com/phantom.html

Wow, those do sound pretty sweet but you're right they're not cheap. :no:

I'm wondering how the Ultimate Attenuator is?

Lp Freak":1xaiteji said:
I used mine with an Hotplate, it was ok but not great. With my Metal I don't use an attenuator.

Lp Freak":314jn1mf said:
You say it worked OK. Can you explain?
I got the volume turned down to a level that didn't kill my ears. I liked to attenuated the Wiz the first week or so but I got tired off the in a "box" sound. I didn't like to use an attenuator but others do so....

Ive messed around with a Faustine attenuator through a M/C and a Metal and it work great. The Wizard responds really well with it. But thats the best attenuator out there and good luck getting one

Whats the best way to kill $4400 worth of tone? - Use an attenuator. :thumbsdown:

I bought an Ultimate Attenuator because it was the best on the market, according to some at the time. This was before Faustine. But, it still made the amp sound like shit. If I were going to use an attenuator, I would probably just DI though a Boss GT8 or Axe FX to the mixing board and FOH.

Steve

johnnyjellybean":ansxe1oe said:
Shark Diver":ansxe1oe said:
Yeah, I use the Phantom. I think it is the best one. And down to about -10db I think it is transparent.

Shame on you!!

LOL Gotta do what the club tells you. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL

steve_k":ansxe1oe said:
Whats the best way to kill $4400 worth of tone? - Use an attenuator. :thumbsdown:

I bought an Ultimate Attenuator because it was the best on the market, according to some at the time. This was before Faustine. But, it still made the amp sound like shit. If I were going to use an attenuator, I would probably just DI though a Boss GT8 or Axe FX to the mixing board and FOH.

Steve

That's a little extreme. :confused: Try a Phantom. ;)

:loco: Okay this Fkn amp is insane loud. :LOL: :LOL: I am gonna have to get some sorta attenuation for practices, practicing, and just overall playability oh except for those gosh darn outdoor venues with lots of seats. :student:
I just checked and a guy is basically screwed with this faustine product. Wait times are looking like a CCV. :bash: Anyways, what else would be worth a guys dollars to help cure this cops coming over all the time. :hys:

Hollywood":30ahkv4d said:
:loco: Okay this Fkn amp is insane loud. :LOL: :LOL: I am gonna have to get some sorta attenuation for practices, practicing, and just overall playability oh except for those gosh darn outdoor venues with lots of seats. :student:
I just checked and a guy is basically screwed with this faustine product. Wait times are looking like a CCV. :bash: Anyways, what else would be worth a guys dollars to help cure this cops coming over all the time. :hys:

I heard the Alex was very good. The Phantom's are on line to start coming out faster.

Thanks. the alex? Where? who? How much? By the way, Josh Sage has got some incredible insight on these Wizards. He and I just talked on the phone twice he gave me a set of control settings that took me right into .... oh! Okay. Cool! :yes: Another hting the 1st time I played this new Wizard was with a Slash gold top with Alnico II pro pick ups. I changed out les-pauls and ran one with Rio Grande BBQ in the bridge and texas in the neck. That told me the ALnico pro II's gotta go if I run the Wizard. Any pick up recommendations guys? I have never tried the Aldrich pups yet? :confused:

Back