Anyone using Myasnikov gear?

Does anyone know how long it takes for a response from Oleg? I sent him an email about a week ago regarding ordering a preamp. I don’t mind waiting at all, I’m sure he is busy, just trying to get an idea.

Also, there is a guy on reverb who claims to be Myasnikov Custom’s western hemisphere official distributor - he goes by Doug’s Tone Lab out of Auburn MA (USA). Has anyone verified this as legit? I would imagine it is as reverb is very on top of that stuff but hoping someone here has some insight.

I also messaged that account on reverb inquiring about having a preamp built - they have not answered there either.

Doug’s tone lab is legit. A little more expensive than Oleg. It’s hard to get Oleg. Whether he is busy, or not allowed being that he is in Russian territory is hard to know. Very helpful guy and great stuff. I wish he lived in the western world. He has a what’s app number to contact. Btw I have a superlead Myasnikov and a iic+ that I’m willing to part with one since I am now using the X88 exclusively.

Doug’s tone lab is legit. A little more expensive than Oleg. It’s hard to get Oleg. Whether he is busy, or not allowed being that he is in Russian territory is hard to know. Very helpful guy and great stuff. I wish he lived in the western world. He has a what’s app number to contact. Btw I have a superlead Myasnikov and a iic+ that I’m willing to part with one since I am now using the X88 exclusively.
Thanks so much for your reply. Really appreciate it. Looks like my best shot is sourcing one through Doug’s Tone lab for now. I am looking for his Morin preamp clone. I’ve been looking for a Morin modded Marshall head for over a year now with zero luck. Somehow I had no idea Myasnikov customs even existed until recently. Myasnikov’s Morin clone nails the Morin sound. From what I read, the original Morin preamps were inconsistent as far as how each one sounded, apparently Morin only built around 60 of them as he stated they were quite a pain to build. The videos Oleg posted absolutely nail the sound I’ve been searching for. Hoping Doug or Oleg reply at some point! Thanks again for your reply.

Does anyone know how long it takes for a response from Oleg? I sent him an email about a week ago regarding ordering a preamp. I don’t mind waiting at all, I’m sure he is busy, just trying to get an idea.

Also, there is a guy on reverb who claims to be Myasnikov Custom’s western hemisphere official distributor - he goes by Doug’s Tone Lab out of Auburn MA (USA). Has anyone verified this as legit? I would imagine it is as reverb is very on top of that stuff but hoping someone here has some insight.

I also messaged that account on reverb inquiring about having a preamp built - they have not answered there either.
Same here! E-mailed him regaing purchasing his newest Fish 2.0, but it's slow going. Does he take anything but crypto for payment?

I have purchased from him before. Crypto. I think it keeps the oligarchs off his back. Idk. Im just spouting but odd country so who knows. I wanted a morin but I’d rather have a Marshall morin.

Same here! E-mailed him regaing purchasing his newest Fish 2.0, but it's slow going. Does he take anything but crypto for payment?
I can’t find anything that says otherwise as far as payment. However, if you’re USA based, looks like ordering through Doug’s tone lab on reverb would be the way to go. Would make the transaction process seamless.

I have purchased from him before. Crypto. I think it keeps the oligarchs off his back. Idk. Im just spouting but odd country so who knows. I wanted a morin but I’d rather have a Marshall morin.
True. Yeah I would agree, however the supply of said Morin Marshall’s is non-existent. Seems like his mods are the ‘best kept secret’ of the guitar world. His sound is on so many records. Seems as though those who have them know what they have and never sell them. Odds are if one ever hit the market, the asking price would likely be double or triple what the amp is worth in stock form. Someone out there will pay the premium, just not me lol.

True. Yeah I would agree, however the supply of said Morin Marshall’s is non-existent. Seems like his mods are the ‘best kept secret’ of the guitar world. His sound is on so many records. Seems as though those who have them know what they have and never sell them. Odds are if one ever hit the market, the asking price would likely be double or triple what the amp is worth in stock form. Someone out there will pay the premium, just not me lol.
Fucking Mod lore just cracks me up. Especially the way different modders take their turns in the “sought after” category. Not knocking the guy at all but I had a Morin Marshall in the 90’s and it was just a very, generic higher gain mod that honestly didn’t sound better than the stock amp and a pedal. I sold it after having it for a short while for that very reason.

Fucking Mod lore just cracks me up. Especially the way different modders take their turns in the “sought after” category. Not knocking the guy at all but I had a Morin Marshall in the 90’s and it was just a very, generic higher gain mod that honestly didn’t sound better than the stock amp and a pedal. I sold it after having it for a short while for that very reason.
This is good to know. Never heard this side. Maybe for its time, the morin amp was “it”. Now it’s just another hi gainer in this decade. Thanks skoora.

Welp..Still no reply from either Doug’s sound lab on reverb or from Oleg. Been around 3 weeks at this point, was definitely expecting a reply from Doug as he’s in the states. The bios on his listings say to message him with any questions/orders etc. so I was definitely surprised to see he never replied. I sent each of them a follow up message at around the 2 week mark. Will let you guys know if either of them answer! 🤞

Oleg is an amazing guy and was really helpful when i dealt with him a few years ago.
That was before everything in Russia was cracked down on and blocked.

Back