Atma

I have found that my plain ole GMD Luther pedal sounds just great with the Atma's clean channel and boosting the OD channel.

Lution":3p0d1871 said:
I have found that my plain ole GMD Luther pedal sounds just great with the Atma's clean channel and boosting the OD channel.

That sounds great, never tried that pedal but it sounds as if the tone knob is "compatible" with the Atmas tone knob then :D So you got the amp now? How do you like it?

I am really liking it so far!

The clean channel is really sweet! I keep it in modern and bright mode with the tone dialed back to about 10 oclock for a more blackface clean. It sounds really nice!

The OD channel: I am liking 80s mode the best, but 70s mode is also really good. It also has a nice sweet earthy tone to it, but boosting it with my Luther pedal tightens it up and adds aggression.

The loop is perfect. I hear no tone suck at all and it is dead quiet.

The 1 watt mode is fantastic for late night practice.

I have yet to really open it up to see what it will really do, but I can already tell it will have plenty of clean headroom.

Thanks Lution for your assessment!

Between you and roccster, I really can't wait to receive mine!!
It sounds like it will be an excellent amp for me too.

Lution, what guitar(s) and cab(s) are you using?

I am using a Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI and a VHT 1x12 cab with a Scumback M75 65watt speaker.

Unfortunately, I have been informed that the arrival of "my" Atma will be late May at best.
This is disappointing to me to say the least, but I do understand and will continue to.....patiently wait!
I really do think the Atma will be a nice addition to my amp collection and "right for me"....so I feel it is worth the wait!
Still, I am a bit bummed that its delivery has been delayed. :(
Oh well, that is how it goes....

I feel with you m8!
I was lucky to get hold of mine as early as I did, but it was delayed several times for me as well. It´s a tough wait, but worth it. Hang in there :)

I finally received my ATMA tonight after a very, very long wait! :)
I was only able to play it for about an hour or so through a couple of cabs, but so far I am very pleased and impressed with its versatility!
I will be spending much more time with it over the next couple of weeks, and will provide more intuitive opinions after becoming more familiar with it and its features while paired with different cabs.
So far, I think it is a very good addition to my arsenal of amps and worth the wait! :D
More to follow.....

dgaemc2":2x1snqlg said:
I finally received my ATMA tonight after a very, very long wait! :)
I was only able to play it for about an hour or so through a couple of cabs, but so far I am very pleased and impressed with its versatility!
I will be spending much more time with it over the next couple of weeks, and will provide more intuitive opinions after becoming more familiar with it and its features while paired with different cabs.
So far, I think it is a very good addition to my arsenal of amps and worth the wait! :D
More to follow.....

Congratulations m8! :D
If you like it half as much as I you probably won´t get disapointed. Looking forward to hear your verdict after some more playing.

Rock on!

I bought mine from http://www.musik-produktiv.com/ and where lucky to get hold of one the few they mannaged to get delivered from Bogner. Can´t really understand why they don´t produce more of them since there seem to be a demand. But then again they might focus on the Helios instead. Same goes for their cabs which seems almost impossible to get hold of atm.

Thanks roccster!!
I will provide another post after having a chance to play it for a while.
One thing I am certain of......it is a very cool amp that I will not be parting with! :thumbsup:

braintheory, I ordered mine from Sweetwater in late April, early May?
Sweetwater is prompt about shipping (as are most stores), but Bogner has been busy working on Helios, etc.
My Sweetwater sales contact thought they might be receiving more ATMAs (1 or 2) later this month.

Another US store that has had some previously is Matt's Music. They might have one now?

You might want to contact both of them (or any other store that carries Bogners), and put your name on the list.

That said, it is virtually impossible to "audition" an ATMA in person because they are typically sold upon arrival.
If you require auditioning the amp prior to purchase.....that will likely be a problem.

Best of luck! :)

That's too bad. I'd definitely wanna try the atma or mephisto before buying because I usually don't like the sound of lower wattage amps (too squishy). I guess I could also see if any of those stores have a return policy.

braintheory,
Yes, Sweetwater does have an excellent return policy (15 days I think?), whereby you would have to pay for return shipping if you were dissatisfied with the purchase.
The great news is that the shipping weight of the ATMA is like 22 lbs, so the return shipping price would be minimal.
Besides that.....once one has the chance to explore its great sound offerings and versatility in person, I would bet that few would opt to return it! ;)

I do fully appreciate your desire to audition the amp in person prior to purchase! I would have liked to as well, but it was just not possible.

That said, I had fairly high confidence that I would like this amp based on the available information from Bogner, Youtube clips, and feedback from roccster on this forum!
Thank you roccster!! :rock:

I am very much in the "honeymoon phase" with this amp, but so far....I am very impressed with its sonic offerings in all 3 channels.
One of my biggest concerns without having the chance to audition it was with regards to the clean channel (no treble, middle, bass controls).
That said, I think that the clean channel on the ATMA is very versatile with a wide variety of great clean sound offerings in its very simplistic format, and is very capable of cutting through and competing (volume wise) with the high gain sound offerings of Ch2 & 3. I absolutely love the super clean to slightly broken up sounds that I am achieving from Ch1, and that it can be set loud enough to be well balanced with Ch2 & 3 in a live situation! :thumbsup:

So far, I am also loving the fantastic range of sounds that I can achieve from Ch2 & 3 depending upon mode setting (60, 70, 80), power mode selection (18, 5, 1) and probably most importantly the Vintage / Modern toggle switch located in the back of the amp. I am not going to discuss my opinions about this amp further until I have more time playing through it, but overall, I am very pleased! :D

Regarding your concern of low wattage amp being "squishy" sounding in your experience.....I can't really comment on that because it is so subjective, but I will say that I can achieve a very nice focused sound from the ATMA in all 3 channels......especially when set to "Modern Mode" in the back. That said, so far I am also really enjoying sound offerings in all 3 channels with that toggle set to "Vintage"......so it really depends upon what type of sounds one is after! That said, I don't think there is another manufacturer today that offers a 3 channel, multi watt, footswitchable, lunch box size amp that can even come close to what I am hearing from the ATMA! :thumbsup:

My pleasure m8! :)
It´s so hard to try to describe something as subjective as sound, even if you record it it´s still not exactly how it sounds, or feels for that matter. But I couldn´t described my first impression with the Atma better then that. And for me the journey just gets better and better. :D

dealmaker":1dvw39zm said:
Anyone seen or tried the dedicated Atma cabinet yet??

Nope, haven´t seen any dealer having these in stock yet. Really sweet looking cab though.

BaBaBooey143":1dvw39zm said:
I wish the Atma had a 'Modern' mode, or more gain... My needs would be solved.

Well it has a modern switch, but your asking for an even more saturated distortion i.e Mesa Rectifier? In that case, what about Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier?

Back