Atomic Amplifire. What's the verdict on these?

MR MARCUS

It's my turn to buy an Amplifire and I'm having second thoughts about buying it. Mainly because of the lack of info but I also haven't heard any clips that I like. I thought that the Amplifire and the ISP power amp could be a killer pedal board rig but I'm thinking I may have to pass. I don't even know what amps it models. The marketing on these units is horrible.

MR MARCUS":1xqwhb0r said:
Exactly why I think I'm gonna pass. Nobody knows anything.
You need to look a little harder. Go over to the Digital and Modeling section on TGP - lots of clips and vids there. :thumbsup:
I think the manual is on the Atomic website too, and should tell you what amps are available. My understanding is that it will be expanded over time. They seem to be pretty good about answering questions you may have as well.

I passed on mine too.

1. Talk about taking wayyyy too long to release after being announced. Sheesh.
2. I don't use external IR's or load them, which is one of the things this was hyped for.
3. I wasn't blown away by the amp models - most of what I use aren't on there.
4. My Eleven Rack has pretty much everything that does for half the price, and is about as easy an interface to use as any modeler.
5. While the demos and clips I've heard sound pretty good, nothing made me stop what I was doing and go "WOW!!!"

The entry price on these was pretty attractive though - $599 or whatever. I'll wait a few months and see what people are giving the used ones away for. My guess is you'll see them in the $350-450 range.

I passed on mine too in favor of waiting on the Fractal FX8 which will actually be delivered this Thursday. The Atomic Amplifire sounds like a cool unit though.

Was interested. Then the clips I heard kind of made that interest wade. IDK, I'm not a big fan of demos with backing tracks and studio tricks. I want to hear it out of the box as if I plugged in. Go through the presets, tweak a little, and don't use so much gain that it kills any sense of dynamics.

Marshall Plexi models should never have sound like a Boss MZ type gain. The amp never was a gain monster, neither were the 800's. Just a loud tonal mid gain wrecking ball. You don't get that on those presets or clips.

Back