Attack of the Luxxtone Chopper T's!

luxxtone

Here's a few Chopper T's we just finished up for the Amp Show. Lots of bells and whistles on these. Both have out custom fabricated electrosocket style jack and fullerton strap buttons. Silver tinned teflon wire, Bourns pots and Cornell Dubilier caps.

The white one features a custom fabricated chopped T bridge with compensated brass saddles, custom angled switch plate, Motor City Detroiter in bridge and BKP Blackguard Tele in neck. Compound 10-12 radius vintage C neck, aged clay dots. Made from lightweight yellow pine with an aged genuine Bakelite pickguard.

The green one has Fat C profile and compound 7.25 to 9.5 radius. Lightweight swamp ash body, aged sea foam green lacquer finish. Aged real Bakelite pickguard. Raw Vintage trem springs. AMAZING sounding Sheptone Mini Humbuckers in aged nickel. I'm totally blown away by how open, punchy and big sounding these pickups are. This was my first time trying them out, and I've never heard a better sounding set of mini hums before.

greent2.jpg

telepair.jpg

greent1.jpg

greent4.jpg

whitet1.jpg

whitet2.jpg

and the Green one was a special order for Grammy Award producer, John Shanks. Jerry is in good company these days.

Thanks for the link. Hope Mr. Petrusek gives us a review. That has got to be one of the coolest guitars I have ever seen!! I can only imagine how great it sounds. Really like the pickup selection too......

Hi Jerry,

I called you, and we played phone tag for a minute.

I bought that white beauty from Tone Merchants.

It's an AMAZING GUITAR!!! I never thought I would find a guitar that I loved more than my NoCaster relic. But dude!... This guitar has the playability of a Suhr/Anderson/Tyler, BUT is OOOOOOOOZING with vibe. The hum bucker isn't so overbearing that it looses all 'Tele-ness'. So it's like a huge ballsy Tele, but also can go into VH / ACDC territory.

Pine... really? :confused: Are guitars made of pine??? ;)

I wanted to thank you for making a guitar that I'll have for the rest of my life. That's a frikkin beautiful thing.

If that green one comes back up for sale, lemme know.

Michael Nielsen
audiomichael@mac.com

Back