Attention please-**UPDATE**

Just spoke to Dan's wife. He was buried Monday at the Michigan veteran's cemetery. She says she keeps his phone on silent. He has over a hundred messages. She said sometimes she can't bear to look at it. She is struggling with the situation . She said she's like a zombie and sorry she doesn't reach out, but still trying to swallow the whole situation. I once again reiterated that we wanted to reach out and help but she gratefully declined. She said that his life insurance will take care of them. She was fine with me letting everyone know that. She said thank you for your kindness, she is taking it a day at a time. If anything changes in the future I will let you know.
Sad that we couldn’t know the funeral details. I searched multiple days for his obituary.

On another note, I’m glad she is taken care of and hopefully she will find peace.

I thought about sending a card. I still may, after some time passes. I had just talked with him a few weeks back, he was having a hard time with his main VA doc. I told him to force community care. They have no choice. Any Vet has that right in the modern VA.
Then this. It's just so surreal.
I'm so fucking sick of Covid. Goddamnit.
Rest in Peace Dan.

Thank you for the update JBT. I’m glad you had the opportunity to speak (in person) with his wife. Words with a human attached to them mean so much more (IMO) than typed.

Thank you for the update JBT. I’m glad you had the opportunity to speak (in person) with his wife. Words with a human attached to them mean so much more (IMO) than typed.
I apologize brother-I communicated with her via text. She seems to be uncomfortable communicating any other way. Sorry everyone-If I came across as calling Lynn and having a conversation-I apologize profusely. I called numerous times as well as texted. When she communicated with me it was by text.

I apologize brother-I communicated with her via text. She seems to be uncomfortable communicating any other way. Sorry everyone-If I came across as calling Lynn and having a conversation-I apologize profusely. I called numerous times as well as texted. When she communicated with me it was by text.
No worries JBT. I certainly (likely) misread.

Just spoke to Dan's wife. He was buried Monday at the Michigan veteran's cemetery. She says she keeps his phone on silent. He has over a hundred messages. She said sometimes she can't bear to look at it. She is struggling with the situation . She said she's like a zombie and sorry she doesn't reach out, but still trying to swallow the whole situation. I once again reiterated that we wanted to reach out and help but she gratefully declined. She said that his life insurance will take care of them. She was fine with me letting everyone know that. She said thank you for your kindness, she is taking it a day at a time. If anything changes in the future I will let you know.
Thank you very much for the update. I'm glad to know that he had life insurance and they will be taken care of they are all still in my thoughts and prayers, it is still a real shocker and hard to believe.

Thx so very much for the update. Still can't believe this. This is one of those moments where we all need to take time to enjoy life a bit more matter how difficult things are because it can be gone in an instant.

Back