Aw dammit

anomaly

I just bought a Duncan JB for the bridge of one of my shitty guitars, but then I see this video:

What shitty timing hey, and what a waste of a $100 for a pickup that'll never change my tone. We should all commit suicide now, we've wasted our lives.

So he's saying in a high gain context they don't make much of a difference. Hes forgetting that not all of us play with their gain at 10. Also, put a Dimebucker in your guitar, then rip it out, put a Duncan Invader in there... now tell me that's not a big difference. Their resonant peaks are so far apart that they sound completely different, even with gain.

He's just carrying on with this pickup shit, that's all.

I read somewhere that people that take pics with their mouth wide open do it because it's an evolutionary thing, where it shows they are no threat. To me it just makes them look like a damn weirdo.
DDByuo-UwAENcuN.jpg

Glenn is an idiot who doubles down on ignorance with each new topic, and then triples down with never ending followups. He is a poster child of why you shouldn't eat bath salts.

So he's saying in a high gain context they don't make much of a difference. Hes forgetting that not all of us play with their gain at 10. Also, put a Dimebucker in your guitar, then rip it out, put a Duncan Invader in there... now tell me that's not a big difference. Their resonant peaks are so far apart that they sound completely different, even with gain.

He's just carrying on with this pickup shit, that's all.
A Dimebucker in anything sounds like dogshit imo.

I won’t watch this fuckhead’s videos but this one got plenty of attention on the other forums I’m on and from what I picked up from it is that he’s coming from a mix engineer’s perspective, which is just as fucking stupid. Last week I was tracking a trash metal song at 210bpm using a Duncan JB in the the Edwards LPC, the way I pick and set my distortion, I don’t crank shit on 10 but it’s definitely saturated and the JB just wasn’t getting the palm mutes with enough clarity at that tempo, I put an 81/85 in the same guitar didn’t touch a single knob and re-tracked the song, there were all the palm mutes with plenty of clarity.

So even from a mix engineer’s POV, it’s a stupid fucking thing to say because that exact shit can cause a mix engineer to EQ the shit out of something trying to get some clarity in it, when it’s fucked from the start because the guitar player didn’t make the right choice in gear for the song they were recording.

Back