Axe FX III + Diezel D-Moll

I am no stranger to the Axe-FX...having bought one 3 or 4 times (each one a newer version of the former) and selling each one back to none.

I promised myself never - never - to look at an Axe-FX unit again KNOWING it was only going to lead to an inevitable off-sale down the road and to just stick with the basics.

Recently my "basics" started eyeballing the new Eventide H90 - but now it's also quite clear to me - for two H90s, one can purchase a AFX-III (not that I'd ever need two H90s, I'm just - well goddamn it the short story is this is making me eyeball the Fractal unit again, and damn it all if I end up begrudgingly buying one because of this fkn video - I am holding *YOU* 100% responsible for my reckless and irresponsible decision)

🤣

edit: forgot the "you" in my original prose

Last edited:
I am no stranger to the Axe-FX...having bought one 3 or 4 times (each one a newer version of the former) and selling each one back to none.

I promised myself never - never - to look at an Axe-FX unit again KNOWING it was only going to lead to an inevitable off-sale down the road and to just stick with the basics.

Recently my "basics" started eyeballing the new Eventide H90 - but now it's also quite clear to me - for two H90s, one can purchase a AFX-III (not that I'd ever need two H90s, I'm just - well goddamn it the short story is this is making me eyeball the Fractal unit again, and damn it all if I end up begrudgingly buying one because of this fkn video - I am holding *YOU* 100% responsible for my reckless and irresponsible decision)

🤣

edit: forgot the "you" in my original prose
Well what I would say is..... I bought a H90 recently, and at first I was happy. It *IS* a great pedal.

But the Axe can do everything the H90 can.

I should've saved the cash and bought either an FM9 or a FC12 foot controller for my Axe III.

1671280312812.png

I just put the thing inside a headshell for easy transportation. Gonna get the footswitch next year. This will replace my Helix - which has been my main effects platform for the last 6 years.

Sorry for giving you GAS :D

Back