Axe-fx user wants to really "get" the CA, where to start?

dk_ace

I don't know much about these amps but I'm really interested in them. If I want to really see what this sound is about, where should I start?

I'm mainly looking for a stock cab suggestion, and some basic amp settings (particularly the balance of master, drive, and presence settings). I've read your comments that it isn't about the rf or lc smooth sound, so I want to see what it is about. I have no history with dumble based amps, so that's why I'm asking for a starting point.

D

dk_ace":ohv4xw38 said:
I don't know much about these amps but I'm really interested in them. If I want to really see what this sound is about, where should I start?

I'm mainly looking for a stock cab suggestion, and some basic amp settings (particularly the balance of master, drive, and presence settings). I've read your comments that it isn't about the rf or lc smooth sound, so I want to see what it is about. I have no history with dumble based amps, so that's why I'm asking for a starting point.

D

+1
I'm looking for clues too.

Roddy":ddc73s5g said:
Echodrive":ddc73s5g said:
Start with a Carol-Ann... :D
Really......Nice Koa 10 string Bitch Echodrive!!!!

Thanks!

It's actually made of black walnut w/maple neck. It's the #8 reissue of the original prototype Rich Bich guitar. Only 15 were ever made. BC Rich commissioned the original builders; Sal Gongazels, Mal Stitch, and the designer of the Bich: Neal Moser to build 65 of them. BC Rich reneged on the agreed contract price. A lawsuit ensued, and so only 15 of them were built.

Here's a link to the original:http://www.nealmoser.com/guitarpics1.htm

A guy by the name of Dan Lawrence owns the original... He doesn't even play guitar.:scared:

Echodrive":vjw84wo0 said:
Roddy":vjw84wo0 said:
Echodrive":vjw84wo0 said:

Thanks!

It's actually made of black walnut w/maple neck. It's the #8 reissue of the original prototype Rich Bich guitar. Only 15 were ever made. BC Rich commissioned the original builders; Sal Gongazels, Mal Stitch, and the designer of the Bich: Neal Moser to build 65 of them. BC Rich reneged on the agreed contract price. A lawsuit ensued, and so only 15 of them were built.

A guy by the name of Dan Lawrence owns the original... He doesn't even play guitar.:scared:
Thanks for the info...Mal Stich..wow...Haven't heard that name for a long time...My old store was one of the original 10 BC Rich dealers in the country...I kick myself for ever selling my Koa Mockingbird Supreme...The cool early design where the left horn was bigger than the right horn..before they changed...sold a lot of those guitars

Rod":2fu9iheq said:
Echodrive":2fu9iheq said:
Roddy":2fu9iheq said:
Echodrive":2fu9iheq said:

Thanks!

Thanks for the info...Mal Stich..wow...Haven't heard that name for a long time...My old store was one of the original 10 BC Rich dealers in the country...I kick myself for ever selling my Koa Mockingbird Supreme...The cool early design where the left horn was bigger than the right horn..before they changed...sold a lot of those guitars

I think those were called the "Longhorn" Mockingbird? There was a Koa one for sale last year on ebay, but I don't recall what kind of coin it sold for... It was a nice one though.
I'm not a fan of the newer HHI models... They're actually topping the custom shop models now instead of using one-piece wings! WTF? $3,800.00 for a "topped" Bich? :no: A sign of the times...

Rod":1hhlcoot said:
Echodrive":1hhlcoot said:
Roddy":1hhlcoot said:
Echodrive":1hhlcoot said:

Thanks!

I kick myself for selling my Koa Mockingbird Supreme also !

Neil Moser did it H-S-H for me with passive wiring and mini toggles for 40 plus pickup combinations-warm and excellent instrument.

Ordered thru Rolls Music in Falls Church Virginia, but I was and am in Florida.

Back