Back to Tubes...

Stealthtastic

Decided to grab a small tube amp the other day for a rig I'm building that will be pedal heavy and I found this thing locally. Even better, it was sitting at one of our dealer's stores so they hooked up a solid deal.

Nothing much to say other than it's a super simple, high quality amp that sounds great. Haven't messed with much other than cleans and it sounds great at volume too. Obviously not super quiet haha.

Anyways, pics!

PortCity-3 by Wired Guitarist, on Flickr
PortCity-4 by Wired Guitarist, on Flickr
PortCity-5 by Wired Guitarist, on Flickr

So you’re going the route of a clean tube amp, using pedals for gain and creating your tone?
If so, what pedals are you using and what sound are going for?

I’ve been curious before about getting one of those “made for pedals” type amps and creating from a clean slate.

I love my Mesa, but I also really enjoy running pedals into a clean tube amp. Port city makes killer cabs, should be a nice setup.

stratjacket":3auaiuvf said:
So you’re going the route of a clean tube amp, using pedals for gain and creating your tone?
If so, what pedals are you using and what sound are going for?

I’ve been curious before about getting one of those “made for pedals” type amps and creating from a clean slate.

I own a pedal company, Horizon Devices, and we are doing a preamp pedal soon. Going to use that for my main super tight death metal tone.

Then I have a CatalinBread Dirty Little Secret, which is basically a Marshall, en route. Will use that for Marshall flavored stuff.

Also have a Dunwich FuzzThrone, EQD Afterneath, Chase Tonal Recall, Walrus Deep Six, Polytune, Wren & Cuff 2D (high end HM2 clone), Hm2, Catalinbread Belle Epoch Deluxe, MXR Copy Deluxe, Cry Baby mini wah, CAE Buffer, EHX Freeze, Precision Drive, etc... en route or sitting here.

Obviously not going to use all of those but I can write off gear purchase and get a lot of stuff at great prices because guys in the pedal industry are usually pretty nice to each other sooooooooooooooooooooo why not? :D

Whowantsamustache":3b2uzrae said:
Lol. Thanks for the hidden "stealth advertising".

That amp is a metal monster...
Dude started his post with "I own a pedal company, Horizon..." and has his affliation listed in his sig. what exactly is stealth about that? Or does the term mean something different to you?

Mudder":2ynog9mg said:
Whowantsamustache":2ynog9mg said:
Lol. Thanks for the hidden "stealth advertising".

That amp is a metal monster...
Dude started his post with "I own a pedal company, Horizon..." and has his affliation listed in his sig. what exactly is stealth about that? Or does the term mean something different to you?

It's how he rolled it all out...he doesn't call himself stealth for no reason. Or does that mean something different to you? Look up stealth marketing. He does it a lot.

"Ohh look I'm back into tube amps, but it's strictly for pedals."

"Ohhhhh by the way I own a pedal company, which is actually just MXR and I will just go ahead and name a bunch of their pedals as well."

I'm a VC. Literally in my sig but I suppose reading isn't your strong suit.

Also mxr doesn't own equity in that company.

I never understood the hate for someone doing financially well on this forum. Wether it's owning a company or buying or owning an expensive piece of gear. :confused:

Back