Bad Cat Hot Cat 30

Hollywood

Where do these sit as far as tone / Any of you guys ever run one of these ?
I was looking at head version a few days ago. Did not have the chance to play it though. :cry:
what are these close to? GAIN AND OVERDRIVE WISE ?

hey, used a few bad cats when i use to tour. Liked the tone, but always break down. Had to stop using because of that. I was hard on gear. theres a bunch of concerts and tour videos online from the old days. band sven gali.

I owned a Hot Cat 30R for a few years. Awful amp. Seriously. Just plain shitty. Not reliable. Eats tubes. FX loop is noisy and sounds like ass. Inherent design flaws in the reverb model cause some issues with the gain channel. EQ is a pain in the ass to use.

Clean channel sounds good. Gain channel is ok, but the amp is loose and fizzy.

So yeah... great amp. Best I've ever used!

I just watched the tye died skies youtube vid from like 93 ? Live @ whistler BC..That you playing the black and white strat ?

FourT6and2":1uu2vyog said:
I owned a Hot Cat 30R for a few years. Awful amp. Seriously. Just plain shitty. Not reliable. Eats tubes. FX loop is noisy and sounds like ass. Inherent design flaws in the reverb model cause some issues with the gain channel. EQ is a pain in the ass to use.

Clean channel sounds good. Gain channel is ok, but the amp is loose and fizzy.

So yeah... great amp. Best I've ever used!
Okay so I think we will put you down for undecided... :confused: :LOL: :LOL:
Hey, I appreciate the post. I am just giving these a small amount of time for my need to know.
Then I will as far as it looks......move on, and just buy the damn Bogners..... :yes: :LOL: :LOL:

You looked like you were having some fun at least. I know better than to think any of us made money.... :LOL: :LOL:

Hey did you run the bad cats, balls wide open to get the tone from them ?
Several guys I have spoke to today have said to get the best tones from them they ran them fkr's pegged.

ya dude, me. . i never have mentioned on here. i just listen . did it all, recordings, sign to labels, concerts,gold record, road/tours all over the planet, videos, live concert boardcasts, voted best new hard rock 2 years, changed more gear than u could fatom major gear whore etc, etc, . Had a poster come down on me when i ask a the ampvanhalen what his role was in an specific amp that he was raving and ranting about, " oh u know he was given an music award ", wooppeee, i never chimed in on my acheivements, but i should have put him in his place. Any how, ya all the amps were always dimed, no matter what i was using. i can not remember , had about 30 different amps at once during those days. ran sometimes 3 tp 6 amps live chained into power amps /sub mixes on stage, just insane shit. The best part had some great techs in those days, too bad they are no longer around. Tweaks and mods were being done all the time. Not too many sober days either, hahaha . ya man the label/management made the money. But we got all the pretty ladies!

Hollywood":3ljlwz25 said:
Where do these sit as far as tone / Any of you guys ever run one of these ?
I was looking at head version a few days ago. Did not have the chance to play it though. :cry:
what are these close to? GAIN AND OVERDRIVE WISE ?

I used to have a Hot Cat 30, Hot Cat 100, and 100R. The 30 has a tube rectifier which gave it a pillowy feeling that I really enjoyed. Dialing it in can be a little tricky if you're not used to it. The "Treble" control actually starts to do something more akin to sucking lows than just adding highs. It's cool for a Soldano sort of thin and aggressive sound. Keeping it around 1:00 allows for a Mesa type sound. Great amps.

Back