Bad deal w smdb

It is def a thankless job - especially on a big site like this one. I'm a super mod on a much smaller guitar site (Splawn's) and some of the BS can be difficult to filter/address.

I agree MM is very good mod here and I agree, I wouldn't want to do it even if I was being paid as studio289 just said.

I agree MM on the time spent in vs punishment - but also agreeing to be a mod also means you need to be around to...you know....moderate? Besides, it is not too hard to turn moderator status on and off. My .311 cents.

AND THAT MAN...IS ME! JAPETUS THE MOD WILL REIGN FOR 1000 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I support this :D

I sent you a PM BTW.

I agree MM on the time spent in vs punishment - but also agreeing to be a mod also means you need to be around to...you know....moderate? Besides, it is not too hard to turn moderator status on and off. My .311 cents.
Not every player on this amateur team has to play every game, simple as that really.

No harm in leaving the status in-place 'cause flipping it on and off can only be done by admin and it'd be a petty task for him in the grand scheme of things.

Hey Brother 3, dude, thank you so much for the kind words man. :cheers2:

Whats fucked up about F/F on paypal is this. I paid a guy $3200.00 that i know for some parts. He decided he couldnt let go of them let me know and refunded me all this from my bank account. I F/F him the $3200 and he gets it instantly, He refunds me and it takes 5-7 days for my money to go back in my bank account. Thats bullshit.
I think refunds are automatically done as an E-Check. Don't ask me why....

It's not a one-marble-in, one-marble-out thing. If there were only one baton, I'd agree 100%.

So what if there's a "legacy of mods"? Sometimes mods come, do some work and for whatever reason become busy with other activities. One ought not be punished for contributing work and time for no pay and then having to take a break.

From a member's perspective, a mod is usually here during a visit or shortly afterwards, so I think we've done a good job of being present or close to it should anything arise.

EDIT
By "shortly afterwards" & "close to it" I mean that the things members typically expect to have to wait for like requests, PMs and so forth can be addressed pretty-quickly... and they are.
Agreed but aside from this guy being a mod, i think if he was a “normal” member his behavior on the transaction would not be considered in alignment with the culture you have been actively trying to promote, especially recently.

If a mod can rudely lowball, purposely dick up classified sales agreements, be a real jerk via text, then tell me to “sell elsewhere” AND be absent around here bc his primary hobby appears to be bass fishing…. Well MM, ill politely disagree with you.

Obviously your opinion trumps mine but this is another example of feedback u asked for 6 months ago about how to grow membership. Having a mod break the rules and culture aint a good look. If i was brand new it may have made me second guess participation here.

Just my two cents. Im otherwise pleased with the moderation in the rig forums.

Having a mod break the rules and culture aint a good look.
I don't understand how he broke the rules.

This is what I know:
He paid in a manner different from the one you asked twice for, which isn't great obviously, but it's possible it was an oversight IMHO.
EDIT: Wasn't an oversight. He said he didn't feel comfortable paying the other way.

So as I said, I don't know how he broke the rules, but right now I also don't feel like your beef is "fixable" by me. Have you invited him to chime in here and defend himself?

All-up, MHO is that this is a bit of a storm in a teacup. I'm not a kindergarten cop. Sounds to me like you're owed an apology for his payment decision, and he perhaps deserves one from you for your "heavy-handed" treatment via messaging.

Sorry that's all I've got for now bro'. :dunno:

Back