Bad.Seed - Polite, Tolerant and Understanding

Meeotch

[mod edit]
The OP misjudged him. See post #19 for his response.

Bad.Seed currently has a fuck ton of amps for sale (posted in several places on the web). I figured he would be glad to have interested buyers. So I texted a couple times (via craigalist ad) about a JVM. After second text I got a "yes still available." Another text sent to him followed by a RigTalk PM to him with my contact info and nothing.

I know shit happens, we are all busy with life. But I also know he's around and seeing my comms. Don't expect much from this seller...maybe you'll get lucky and have his grace to send him money for a piece of gear lmfao.

First text I sent was a week ago, PM was Thursday. I'm not calling him a thief or something. I just think it's lame to post such a massive amount of gear for sale and then ignore interested buyers.

Already put down a deposit for something else, water under the bridge. I just think sellers should know that lame behavior gets noticed, that's why I posted. I've sold a lot of gear on here and take pride in my comms.

Calling someone out for being lame is just that, no more no less. After seeing the amount of shadiness and scam reports/attempts going on I think it behooves us all to hold the classefieds section to a higher standard. Especially now with the 2022 tax laws and more people asking for F&F payment. Rig Talk can remain an awesome selling platform if we want it to be.

IMO that means as a responsible seller, if you list an amp (or 20+) you commit to being reasonably responsive. That's obviously a grey area. No one should expect same day responses (although for 90% of us that is feasible) but after a week of multiple attempts it's straight up lame. I've said my piece, the rest is up to the community.

I tried to buy something late last year and never got a response.

Maybe I'm different but I always respond to dudes even if I've already sold something.

Bad Seed? You mean the guy in the band Brushido Code? The guy who used to post demos here all the time? I've never purchased anything from him but he always struck me as a stand up guy. He seemed pretty normal whenever I conversed with him. If I had to guess, him dropping so many amps on the web at the same time has him running around in circles trying to manage all the inquiries. Personally, I wouldn't have done that, knowing it would be a headache to keep track of all the requests. 3 a week maybe but not as much as he did all at once.

tl;dr - give the guy a second chance.

Hey man I agree - I have always appreciated his effort with his Youtube channel.

I'll just copy/paste this from his ad: "If you'd like to see more pictures and are seriously interested in anything on the list, shoot me a pm with your phone # or email and I'll reply!"

I don't set too high of expectations with internet strangers in general, but that's pretty cut and dry man. I tried, oh well. If you read this Kyle, don't take it personally. I just call bullshit when I see it. I'd like to think we all have pretty thick skin around here. Just respond to people one way or another, sounds like I'm not the only one!

Kyle had always been good to me (selling and buying). Dudes busy as all hell. But throwing his balls in the grinder when you didn’t end up buying an amp seems kinda lame on your part, homie. If we did this for every person that didn’t reply this forum would be full of that.

I mean he didn't arrange a deal with you right? Just said it was available? I don't see the problem here. Everyone is busy these days but then add a youtube presence, several post on different sites, and a ton of gear. Can you imagine how many emails that might generate? Give the guy the benefit of the doubt if he didn't make any agreement with you. Just because you showed interest there is no reason to say he HAS to sell it to you. Now what if he just hasn't logged in here for a few days and was going to sell you the amp but you found something else in the meantime? Would you be ok with him leaving a bad review of you?

Now I'm basing this on the idea that there was no actual agreement between the two of you. Surely there have been times when you never got that far in a deal and it didn't go through for any reason by any party? It happens and it's OK. I certainly wouldn't want to feel obligated to a sell just because someone sent me an offer I didn't agree to or even acknowledge yet

Alright message received. I was initially frustrated based on my perception that he was ignoring my interest, which I still believe to be true. Basically he was willing to tell me the amp was available but unwilling to share additional details about the amp (year of mfg and some extra photos). Maybe he was just too busy to respond to multiple texts/PM, maybe not.

Either way, I am learning that this situation doesn't fit well in the feedback thread. Without a transaction, people see my side of the coin as lame, and I can understand that. My vision was to raise the bar and make sellers feel a bit more inclined to act like a legit business, especially when posting tens of thousands of dollars in gear for sale. That's always been the bar I set for myself. If the community disagrees, I can respect that decision. My intent has never been to grind balls, only to raise the bar. So if it came off as douchey then that is my bad.

Hey we're all prone to jumping to conclusions once in a while mate.

Without knowing what the dude was going through at the time and how busy or inundated with messages he was, none of us can make definitive judgements as to his character or attitude towards potential buyers IMHO.

Maybe best to hit him up once every other day with a reminder that you're still hoping to hear from him? You know - just gentle taps on the shoulder.

Wait, so this is a complaint about someone not responding to an inquiry? If dude ripped you off or didn't respond after an arrangement, that's understandable. But, to complain about a guy not responding is ridiculous.

Alright message received. I was initially frustrated based on my perception that he was ignoring my interest, which I still believe to be true. Basically he was willing to tell me the amp was available but unwilling to share additional details about the amp (year of mfg and some extra photos). Maybe he was just too busy to respond to multiple texts/PM, maybe not.

Either way, I am learning that this situation doesn't fit well in the feedback thread. Without a transaction, people see my side of the coin as lame, and I can understand that. My vision was to raise the bar and make sellers feel a bit more inclined to act like a legit business, especially when posting tens of thousands of dollars in gear for sale. That's always been the bar I set for myself. If the community disagrees, I can respect that decision. My intent has never been to grind balls, only to raise the bar. So if it came off as douchey then that is my bad.
I get your frustration man. And I have been on both sides of this kind of deal. I reach out to people in the order that I receive them but there have been times where I have logged in here and posted but didn't check my messages then there have been times where I posted something and got busy and didn't log in for a few days.

I've also had my heart set on something that someone told me was available and then they never got back to me. It sucks but it happens.

Hey man. All is good, I take no offense to this thread. I understand your frustration, as you did reach out to me twice. I actually thought I had responded to your text about the date code, but it was actually someone else who asked for the same info.

To be honest, when I post these big gear sales, sometimes messages get lost in the mix because there are so many inquiries at once, so I need to do a better job at keeping up with them.

Shoot me a text, I'll get you the pics and info you want if you're still interested. If you're not, I get it and no worries.

Without knowing what the dude was going through at the time and how busy or inundated with messages he was, none of us can make definitive judgements as to his character or attitude towards potential buyers IMHO.
... and now we have it; exactly what happened.

To the OP:
You might want to change the thread's title to be more-respectful in light of Bad.Seed's response.

Back