Bass anyone?

Just sold my Warwick Corvette after having only Warwick basses for years, and picked this up new- Dingwall NG2, factory setup for BEAD. This into Neural DSP Parallax is just unstoppable. The longer scale 36.5” low B is unreal.

@Simon Dorn have you tried Parallax? Killer tones and riffs as usual! Love me some ESP
View attachment 307557

I have the NG3 version of this, I swapped out the individual bridges for the Payson one piece bridge. I still need to swap out the tuners, knobs and string tree for black to finish it up.

1000087412.jpg

I’ve got a Spector Pulse 4-string and a Peavey Millennium 5-string, just sold a cheaper Warwick 5-string because I never use it and it only sounded decent with light gauge strings.

I have periods where I love playing bass more than anything else, they usually come in 3-week bursts where I’ll get my technique up to par and usually add in a new bass technique, then promptly forget 75% of what I learned immediately after. Last thing I was working on was Ryan Martini’s two-handed technique that pops up in this chorus- (1:00)

Fuckin’ youtube copywrite claim bullshit won’t let me embed the vid-

Mesa Titan V12 with GK Neo 412. This has one of the nicest tubey sounding overdrives from an amp I've heard. Can get loud as hell too without even trying.

A selection of preamps through my Blue Voodoo 300 and Ashdown Rootmaster 610. The BV300 has a near identical power section as a SVT. With the Ampeg preamps I get that classic SVT sound that's not too far off from the real thing. Plus the added bonus of a few extra tones from the other preamps.

An Ashen Miley that came in the other day. It's a little 5 watt all tube amp. I can get some really classic sounding (think Ampeg B15) tones out of it. Also give some nice and responsive overdrive sounds without the ear splitting volume when you push it. It's not going to keep up with a full band, but can get some very respectable volume through the 610. I think it'll make a great little recording amp.

I have a small assortment of basses. A couple worth mentioning are a couple of Ibanez SR series, Ibanez Talman, Hagstrom 8 string octave, and Hofner Galaxie short scale. I also have a Michael Kelly Dragonfly fretless acoustic.

1714490651910.png

1714490688544.png

1714490714991.png

1714490736673.png

Primarily a guitar player, but I have a MIM Fender Jazz Bass with Dimarzio Pickups, Emerson kit and Flatwound strings. For what I need, it's is perfect. Thinking about getting a Headrush MX-5 strictly for bass. They're relatively inexpensive and have just about everything I would need for the times I play bass. The new POD units are intriguing too.

Back