Bass boost help/knowledge opinions??

kurtsstuff2003

So..I'm looking at this power amp and it's being billed as having a "bass boost" mod of some kind?
I've included a couple of pictures of the pots and cap and what I think is the 2 wires from the bass boost pots to the volume,presence,dynamics circuit board of the amp.
I looks to me like 2 wires from the bass boost pot are attached to the 8ohm speaker jack (I know it's the 8ohm because I've owned these amps before..lol!) I hope maybe somebody can tell me what they think this mod might really be?..The seller is just guessing but apparently turning these 2 pots increases or decreases bass response (left and right side each have one). Just looks too simple to me but what do I know?? lol!

Attachments

• bass boost 8ohm.jpg
    bass boost 8ohm.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 36
  • bass boost circuit board.jpg
    bass boost circuit board.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 40
  • bass boost cap.jpg
    bass boost cap.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 43
Yeah, that looks like a depth mod to me as well.
That seems like an odd value cap to use though ( .02uf )
I would expect to hear only a very low frequency sub-bass boost with that value.
A .0047uf cap is usually used for a depth circuit.
How does it sound?

I would expect to hear only a very low frequency sub-bass boost with that value.
How does it sound?
I have no idea..it's a "Reverb" find that I've been looking at

How does it sound?
A fellow forum member here shared a cool mod from his Mesa Strat 400, pull pot with a .001 cap on the pushed in position and another (or 2 .001 caps in parallel ?) on the pulled out position. Like bass and sub-bass boost.

Back