bbq bros.....

I don't think of myself as racist but when it comes to side-of-the-road BBQ stands I'll admit I'm fairly racial. If it's a bunch of white people running it I just keep on driving.

I like smoking pork with pecan most of the time, or a blend of pecan and mesquite. I tend to go with the traditional smoking woods as I'd be afraid to "ruin" the cook with something unknown. Oak, pecan, mesquite are pretty much the standard for me. On occasion I've tried apple-wood which works nicely for hamburgers.

SpiderWars":1wwdnzwd said:
I don't think of myself as racist but when it comes to side-of-the-road BBQ stands I'll admit I'm fairly racial. If it's a bunch of white people running it I just keep on driving.
WYSIWYG

2 powder rubbed pork loins stuffed with cheese.
Like layers of cheddar and jalapeno pepper jack and gorgonzola
Wrap those up in bacon
slow cook with apple/hickory chips
sometimes spray with apple juice
holy shit

zKpA3Rl.jpg

damn that loin looks good. how long did you cook it and what temp? first time i ever smoked anything it was a pork tenderloin and i ruined it.

It varies for me. Depending on how much time I have and how hungry I am. I just got a wireless Weber probe/app but usually 2-3 hours on low (250-300) heat but that is a guess because I never measured it. Start with maybe 20 coals and just add as you go to keep the temp up with out getting too hot. I often put a tin underneath it to catch all those juices and stick the whole thing in the tin when done. I'm much better now at not over cooking meat with the probes. When it reaches its 'done' temp I pull it. Which is often sooner than I would have normally.

going to do some more smoking today. bacon wrapped stuffed tenderloins. stuffed with spicy pico de gallo and cream cheese. thanx for the inspiration 311splawndude!

they are on. kroger fucked me. bought 2 pork tenderloins and each package contained 2 small ones. i butterflied them, stuffed them and wrapped them with bacon. Got my mac and cheese ready....going to smoke it also. cause fuck it-that's why....

Here is another T-bone from a local cattle farmer/friend. I'm going to cook another one tomorrow night at my cabin. Usually med rare with a little Andia's Steak Sauce drizzled on at the end. Open coals.

Byb1h1k.jpg

Back