Bc rich usa or no?

There are some bolt-on USA made B.C. Rich. They have "Made In USA" written on the headstock and a serial like "BCXXXXX".

Bolt-on USA Riches definitely exist; I had a bolt-on USA ST-III back in the day.

I'd post on a BC Rich Facebook group...those guys are the real experts, unless someone here is as well. I went crazy on a Custom Shop Mockingbird buying spree a couple of years ago, and they were super helpful in terms of identifying a fake that I almost bought. BC Rich guitars, from what I know, have an odd system of serial numbers, so its hard to always tell from that. I know there are USA bolt-on Warlocks, ST and Gunslinger models, but not sure of Mockingbirds.

I wouldn't call myself an expert but I've been interested in B.C. Rich for a long time. Bought a NJ Mock in 91 and then ordered a US neck-thru from the custom shop in 94. Indeed only Warlock/ST/Gunslinger were made in the US as bolt-on from 81 to 89 then onto 93 by Class Axe. Other bolt-on models are japanese/korean/chinese.

You're right ! Never saw one before. I thought all the bolt-on Mock from back then were NJ like the one I had. I'm no expert LOL

IIRC they made them in the USA before they decided to open up shop in China and completely ruin their reputation with cheap foreign copies of their good guitars.

Man I had the most killer Jap BC Rico Mockingbird that I foolishly sold 10 years ago. One of my biggest gear regrets. They were every bit as good as the USA models for half the price.
8F5B2525-7BF3-491D-9C22-80CC80F3E96D.jpg

Last edited:
There were definitely bolt on US Mockingbirds, but the serial is stamped into back of headstock when not on neckplate and likely 86/87 and earlier if solid neckplate, flush (not sunk in) rear control cavity plate, rickenbacker-ish style knobs, tuners without the R logo, would be among some of the first things to look for. Pics would make it easy to identify correct body dimensions/carving and electronic layouts.

Back