best clean channel amp head for $1k or less used

RSRD

I'm in the market for a really nice glassy and warm clean head for under 1k used. Has to be 8 Ohms for my Bogner 2X12 open back. One or 2 channels is fine but I'm not interested in the gain side. I just need a pure dedicated clean channel.

Having a loop would be great but not essential. what can you throw at me?

You may laugh, but I just got a used Peavey JSX and its clean channel is by far the cleanest I have ever owned. ZERO dirty whatsoever.

My favorite clean was a Mesa F series. I used to have an F-50 and the cleans were amazing, the F-100 will have the same cleans, the F-30 is a bit limited in headroom.

I know its ot since it is a 2 ch. amp but man the orange rockerverb cleans are amazing!

fluff191":2fim4236 said:
You may laugh, but I just got a used Peavey JSX and its clean channel is by far the cleanest I have ever owned. ZERO dirty whatsoever.

Completely agree with this. It's the best clean channel in my Kemper too, and I have tons of traditional clean amp profiles too. JSX kills!

Dimebag11":3oj6w85r said:
fluff191":3oj6w85r said:

Completely agree with this. It's the best clean channel in my Kemper too, and I have tons of traditional clean amp profiles too. JSX kills!

Cleaner than your Cobra, there?

xXDaveyJonesXx":5d77e5sk said:
Dimebag11":5d77e5sk said:
fluff191":5d77e5sk said:

Yes.

Dimebag11":5o0vbgmz said:
xXDaveyJonesXx":5o0vbgmz said:
Dimebag11":5o0vbgmz said:
fluff191":5o0vbgmz said:

Yes.

That's fuck'n CLEAN, RSRD.

:yes:

I say Rivera K-Tre... awesome cleans and the loop is highly regarded
Oh and you get some br00t4lz as a bonus ;)

Business":10vj5ukc said:
I say Rivera K-Tre... awesome cleans and the loop is highly regarded
Oh and you get some br00t4lz as a bonus ;)

I always fail to think of Rivera.. I really want to try those amps out.

jlbaxe":19o0936x said:
https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?uid=3840&f=6&t=134632&start=0

Yeah at that price you can't really lose

Back