Best place to buy tubes

Marshallman

I noticed some volume fluctuation last night during our gig and am thinking I need to replace the tubes which I have not replaced since purchasing my Splawn a few years ago. Therefore, I'm looking for a place to purchase tubes and the only one I am familiar with is Eurotubes. I was wondering if you would have others to recommend.

Thanks!

I never had any issues with Dougstubes. But that was back in the day when you'd call him directly. Haven't tried the website.

messenger":304ld6g3 said:
I never had any issues with Dougstubes. But that was back in the day when you'd call him directly. Haven't tried the website.

+1 on dougstubes. Never had a problem. Always fast. Ive ordered from his website many times.

It will cost more than the price of a few bad preamp tubes to return those bad preamp tubes if you have to ship it out of country. Just something to keep in mind. And imo, if your getting preamp tubes get a burned-in/tested preamp tube for V1 at a minimum. If you just buy generic off-the-shelf preamp tubes they very often will be microphonic right out of the box.

Mr. Willy":2e2cda43 said:
messenger":2e2cda43 said:

+1 on dougstubes. Never had a problem. Always fast. Ive ordered from his website many times.
This..and Laura at Valvequeen. Great customer service. I'd also consider looking for vintage tubes, I've had a stash for 7 years now and not one power tube failure yet...I still gig a little but play all my amps every day. I've never bought 'nos', just used/strong tubes.

splawner":ezu7qiw1 said:
hammered":ezu7qiw1 said:
Dougs Tubes and Valve Queen
That Doug cracks me up... Weird individual there.... Very dry sense of humor.... :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: I've bought quite a few tubes from Doug and also valve queen. Can't go wrong with either from my experience.

jnPwP53B.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

IMG_2347.JPG

Laura Miller is a guitarist/musician that knows amps & tubes and can match pairs & quads to your needs.

She gives a shit in what she does and is Awesome, i buy all my power quads from her and they last a really long time, never had a problem.

Buy from Laura at Valve Queen period! She will always take care of you!

Doug's, get a broken power tube and not only pay shipping for the order, but to return the broken tube, shipping for the replacement tube and he won't ship the replacement until he gets the bad tube. Last order with him!

Back