Best Recorded SLO-100 tones

Thread bump . I was reading an old issue of Guitar World from January `91 today and Warren said he used a Marshall 100 watt Plexi on Detonator . No mention of the SLO
I hear you, but I’m not sure Warren is a reliable narrator when it comes to the exact gear he used to record. I’m remembering an interview with Beau Hill discussing the guitar tones between the first album and the second. How Warren thought he had to go buy up a bunch of other Marshalls and find the best one when Beau was just having him plug into the same SIR Marshall they used on the first one to record the second one.

I hear you, but I’m not sure Warren is a reliable narrator when it comes to the exact gear he used to record. I’m remembering an interview with Beau Hill discussing the guitar tones between the first album and the second. How Warren thought he had to go buy up a bunch of other Marshalls and find the best one when Beau was just having him plug into the same SIR Marshall they used on the first one to record the second one.

I’ve seen that clip and I would question some of those producers memories also

I’ve seen that clip and I would question some of those producers memories also
Yep. And although that's a nice little story Beau tells there (and who knows... maybe it was true for a session or two), does he really expect people to believe that during all the hours and days DeMartini spent recording guitar tracks for Invasion, that he had no idea what amp he was using?

Mick Mars rig , I’m guessing late 90s or mid 2000’s

1BCD766A-D6DA-4428-B48A-D3BAC27B39CE.jpeg

Lots of Warren posted already but I like this one. I think he used his Marshall instead of the SLO with the ABB but that may have varied. I think he always uses his Diaz CD100, he'll probably be buried with that.

I thought KSE used 5150's?? either way it's a really dull tone.

I tend to agree with raceU4her on this one.

They do, the SLO has made it on to all of like 2 tracks out of 67 KSE records
So they do use 5150's, but they use SLO-100's on the records?? Is that what you're saying?

It must be a dull tone because of those Nolly 2001 - 2003 Vintage 30's. Who made him the expert on speakers anyways? He doesn't know shit about tone.

So they do use 5150's, but they use SLO-100's on the records?? Is that what you're saying?

It must be a dull tone because of those Nolly 2001 - 2003 Vintage 30's. Who made him the expert on speakers anyways? He doesn't know shit about tone.

I’m saying out of 67282 KSE songs, a grand Total of 1-2 had the SLO on it.

Back