Big Selling Record Featuring a Boogie Mark Series Amp?

Drew

I have a love hate relationship with Boogie Mark amps. I haven't owned one in 8 years and found a nice Mark III for sale recently and I'm thinking about it.
This had me wondering:

What are the biggest selling records featuring a Boogie Mark series amp? The ones that come to my mind are:

Whitesnake '87 featuring John Sykes' Mark III Coliseums
The Knack featuring Berton Averre's Mark II (yeah--the My Sharona solo was a Boogie Mark II)
Not sure about what Metallica used on each album but I know they used to have Mark IIC+'s in their rigs
Old stuff from Santana--not sure exactly which albums featured his Boogie

What are some others?

OzzyOsbourneSpeakOfTheDevil.jpg

Brad Gillis with marks on whole album. Lots of old sabbath tunes. Wore this out as a kid. Concert clips all over you tube also.

http://youtu.be/fJwrKQGiRxk

John Pettrucci - Dream Theater. Known for using a mark IIC+, IV, and/or V
Chevelle -mark IV

The Offspring used Mark series Boogies and they sold a ton of records.

Chevelle.

I can't stand them but Lamb Of God.

Dream Theatre/Petrucci: Many albums
Metallica: Master of Puppets, And Justice for All, Black Album

Gainfreak":1xadtvea said:
jkkkjkhk":1xadtvea said:
Wasn't Brad using Randy's rig for that tour?
No. He was using two Mark IIb amps in stereo split with a Chorus. :rock:

and they sounded incredible live--saw ozzy a few months after randy died
the guitar tech hit a few power chords pre show in hawaii/neal blaisdell center, and the tone :inlove: ....the crowd went insane!
that's what good tone does. chainsaw through redwood grind and warmth and throttle.

that show and dokken under lock/irvine meadows..two best examples of 80s rock tone i heard live back in the day.
yngwie marching out in hawaii and rising force tour pomona valley auditorium didn't stink either!

Considering that Steve Lukather is a notable Boogie user there's probably a whole shitload of albums we'll never know about (has sessioned on over 1500 albums)...

I don't generally track equipment by album, so I'll just toss out a few bands/guitarists I know of and didn't see mentioned yet.

NoFX

Rolling Stones

Santana (obviously)

Prince

The Tragically Hip

Andy Summers

Pete Townshend ('78 to '80 in the studio)

Alterbridge

John Scofield

Robben Ford

George Thorogood

Bruce Springsteen

What about Appetite For Destruction, Izzy Stradlin? I thought I read that he used a Mark 3 halfstack for the rhythm work on the album. You can see a Mesa Mark 3 halfstack on the back of the album.

some dude":2jxtawr7 said:
Considering that Steve Lukather is a notable Boogie user there's probably a whole shitload of albums we'll never know about (has sessioned on over 1500 albums)...

I don't generally track equipment by album, so I'll just toss out a few bands/guitarists I know of and didn't see mentioned yet.

NoFX

Rolling Stones

Santana (obviously)

Prince

The Tragically Hip

Andy Summers

Pete Townshend ('78 to '80 in the studio)

Alterbridge

John Scofield

Robben Ford

George Thorogood

Bruce Springsteen

Interesting list. I can't believe I forgot Lukather as sitting 10 feet from his rig at the Baked Potato in late 1985 was what got me into Boogies in the first place. I should also have included Tim Pierce as back in his Rick Springfield days, his main rig was based on a Mark IIC+.

I had also forgotten about Prince. Many years ago I sold a Mark III to some guy who played guitar in Prince's band and he told me how much Prince liked his Mark series amps. I forgot about Townshend too as I now recall him in Boogie ads back in the the old Guitar Player magazine ads. I didn't know about Andy Summers or Springsteen.

Back