Black Cat Mod on rhythm channel....

* velcro-fly *

Hmmm, I'm starting to get it. Not sure why there's so much more clarity on that side but its killer. I usually just run the lead channel and roll back guitar volume for anything clean needed. Last night night I switched over to the other side with the Black Cat engaged for our last song, then we took a break. When we came back for the 2nd set I forgot it was on and ended up playing almost the entire 2nd set with it engaged before I realized what was up..... its a different feel for sure, less compression than the lead side. Got me thinking about a different way to run this amp, which is funny considering its all I've played for years with prob 100 + gigs on it.

I dig the black cat feature also. With it on and boost on rhythm it can get up to W800 style. Gives the MC more versitility.
Yeah I’m digging it...as if that amp needed any more clarity or lack of compression, it does exactly that on that side with Black Cat engaged

Yeah I’m digging it...as if that amp needed any more clarity or lack of compression, it does exactly that on that side with Black Cat engaged
Agreed the lack of compression is the one thing that keeps me coming back to the MC design. Lower the bass, crank the mids, keep the gain at a respectable level and your in AC/DC territory on the rhythm channel with the black cat mod engaged.

Agreed the lack of compression is the one thing that keeps me coming back to the MC design. Lower the bass, crank the mids, keep the gain at a respectable level and your in AC/DC territory on the rhythm channel with the black cat mod engaged.
We open our 2nd set with a Riff Raff / Whole Lotta Rosie medley that I start....we cracked into it and I’m thinking “holy fuck” this is THE SOUND...and it was the rhythm channel w Black Cat engaged, but I though I had switched to the other side 🙄😂

Good choice for the set list.

Riff Raff is my main trying out amps riff. If the amp doesn’t sound good playing that riff then it’s not the amp for me. 😂
Just add greenbacks and that is the sound on the rhythm channel. Of course it’s no plexi but damn close and fun.

Back