Bogner 4x12 vs Friendman 4x12

Sick Squid":cqa7vsgj said:
I am talking about removable wheels. I find a big difference in low end around a cab when on the floor compared to casters.
The Harbor Freight wheels are screwed into the cab, I think?
For big loads the cost of x4 Harbor Freight wheels that compare to the Mesa bigger set would be much greater, so the Mesa cost is pretty reasonable. Esp. for a cab costing so much, which is why they should include the usual push-in wheels and mounts.
Mesa do 2 sets, and the bigger wheels will take a whole heap of weight. I could have done without needing them.

Yeah. They screw in. It's fine. 4 small holes per wheel. I don't like the pop in ones because you end up having to drill a giant hole for each wheel. I had no need for removable wheels, but i wasn't saying that my option was better. i apologize if it came off that way. It's just another option and i can vouch for the HF ones if removable isn't an issue and they are super cost effective. I'm pretty sure it was no more than $15 or so for a set of 4. It's been a while, but it was around that cost.

I believe they are the same size as the Mesa ones. 4" or something like that. I know i always avoided the smaller Marshall sized ones. Little softer rubber for sure on the HF ones, but they truly don't wear out and are so smooth.

Again, just an option if removable isn't an option you need.

Also, RE: Sound difference. I know there is a sound difference with and without casters, i was just saying at my jam spot, the floors are solid concrete, so it was negligible and i don't like relying on that extra low end with a caster'less cab as it really will never translate when mic'ed anyway. That's just how i roll. YMMV. There is nothing like jamming on a cab that is resting directly on a nice wooden floor or something though. You can feel it better for sure.

atrox":2g50m2m0 said:
Yeah. They screw in. It's fine. 4 small holes per wheel. I don't like the pop in ones because you end up having to drill a giant hole for each wheel. I had no need for removable wheels, but i wasn't saying that my option was better. i apologize if it came off that way. It's just another option and i can vouch for the HF ones if removable isn't an issue and they are super cost effective. I'm pretty sure it was no more than $15 or so for a set of 4. It's been a while, but it was around that cost.

I believe they are the same size as the Mesa ones. 4" or something like that. I know i always avoided the smaller Marshall sized ones. Little softer rubber for sure on the HF ones, but they truly don't wear out and are so smooth.

Again, just an option if removable isn't an option you need.

Also, RE: Sound difference. I know there is a sound difference with and without casters, i was just saying at my jam spot, the floors are solid concrete, so it was negligible and i don't like relying on that extra low end with a caster'less cab as it really will never translate when mic'ed anyway. That's just how i roll. YMMV. There is nothing like jamming on a cab that is resting directly on a nice wooden floor or something though. You can feel it better for sure.
No apologies or need to hold back necessary. You've got experience and opinions, so throw it out there.

I like the small removable wheels I've had on previous cabs, and assumed it was standard on the boutique 4x12s. My last ones were Bogner and CAA, both having them. I have a pile of those wheels that I can use in future. I got the Friedman home and then discover there are no wheel mounts, which was a shock. I was embarrassed I didn't check first. It is a big deal for a cab costing at the top end of the scale, excepting bespoke builds like Kerry Wright etc. How that goes down with the touring musicians and their road crew I can only imagine.

I Currently Have A Friedman 4x12 and a Bogner Uber 4x12. I think both cabs are fantastic and pretty much everything amp wise sounds great through them. Cab speakers are different Greenback/V30 vs GT75/V30 so there is a difference there. Really you can't go wrong with either it just depends on what you are going for. I like my gear to match and am pretty OCD about it sooo.

If a cab is places on a wooden floor without casters it generally will sounds bigger/more lows with concrete not so much.

Back