Bogner Burnley VS JHS Angry Charlie

GlideOn

Have the Angry Charlie, love it so much that when I briefly owned the Bogner Red I decided to immediately give it the boot because the AC was just that good - and it had more gain on tap than the 'Red' past the 2 o'clock mark. Also very similar sounding, which was surprising.

But the Burnley sounds even better than the Red, so I hear. Anyone here own the Burnley to tell me how gainy it can be? I'm quite happy with the versatility of the AC but I'm always experimenting with my sound, always loved the "Bogner signature sound" and the Burnley seems to do that better than anything else... :confused:

Rezamatix":3dvov0yx said:
Burnley is a TRUE distortion pedal, Has a FAT switch which is REALLY nice for leads and non chug rhythm work, and a tight setting which is really fantastic for those two.
I have two of them, and I am selling one (see my sig below for purchase link)
How does the Wessex compare also Reza if you don't mind my throwing this in here OP?

i own a wessex and its an overdrive so don't expect over the top. It is probably the best overdrive i have ever owned though...

mniel8195":7nkhxxj4 said:
i own a wessex and its an overdrive so don't expect over the top. It is probably the best overdrive i have ever owned though...
Lets the guitars wood come through.
OP are you looking for a pedal into a clean channel or a driven amp.

glip22":369tsd0e said:
mniel8195":369tsd0e said:
Lets the guitars wood come through.
OP are you looking for a pedal into a clean channel or a driven amp.

Rig is modified EL34 Traynor YBA 1 that is dirtier than cleaner sounding. Starts to get crunchy around the noon mark but I never run it any more than 3 or 4. Mind you that there's 2 volumes with different voicing.

Long story short, I've changed both the preamp and power amp to be a little hotter at lower volume levels and to add punch to pedals. It's the most pedal loving amp I have ever played through.

Back