Bogner Fish Tube Layout

Anyone know the tube layout for a Bogner Fish? Just picked up a reissue with the Cantrell mod and I want to start tweaking it. The clean is absolutely horrible, I'd like to see if a tube sway can make it a little better. Thanks!

And for quick reference...

This thing is full of preamps tubes. Here is the layout.

V1: 1st stage for Clean channel, 12ax7

V2: 1st stage for Strato channel, 12ax7

V3: 1st and 2nd stage for Brown channel, 12ax7

V4: 2nd stage Strato, 3rd Stage Brown, 12ax7

V5: 3rd stage Strato, 4th Stage Brown, 12ax7

V6: 1st and 2nd stage Shark channel, 12ax7

V7: 3rd and 4th stage Shark, 12ax7

V8: Output, 12ax7

Thanks! Stupid question, looking at the tubes from the front of the preamp, would v1 start at the left and go up from there?

This thing rips, theres so much gain on the modded shark channel that anything past 1:00 is unusable. I'll try to post some clips up soon.

Was that the one with the unique colored faceplate that sold recently? On top of the Cantrell mod I believe it have two Brown channels instead of a Strato or Country channel... or does it have both country and strato channel. Just want to make sure you are using the volume and toggle switch on the front along with the volume on the back correctly.

We just went through my Fish with Cantrell mod and can probably help you out with this.

EXPcustom":3hto0kgf said:
Was that the one with the unique colored faceplate that sold recently? On top of the Cantrell mod I believe it have two Brown channels instead of a Strato or Country channel... or does it have both country and strato channel. Just want to make sure you are using the volume and toggle switch on the front along with the volume on the back correctly.

Yeah, this one has a white faceplate. Other three channels are stock, only thing done to it is the Cantrell mod. I saw your videos and posts, that helped me out a lot. Got the rear master set to about 2:00.
We just went through my Fish with Cantrell mod and can probably help you out with this.

loganflynn294":3umx8am8 said:
EXPcustom":3umx8am8 said:

Yeah, this one has a white faceplate. Other three channels are stock, only thing done to it is the Cantrell mod. I saw your videos and posts, that helped me out a lot. Got the rear master set to about 2:00.

What you want to do with the clean channel is actually bring the back master volume up and the one volume for the clean channel in front bring down then use that three way toggle switch to dial in your sound.

Let me know how that works?

Also to clarify what do you not like about the sound?

No matter what I adjust the rear master and front clean channel volume to the clean is distorted. Tried it with a few different guitars with medium to medium/high output and the only way to clean it up is rolling the guitar volume waaay down. I'll see if swapping some tubes around fixes it. Not a deal breaker, it's not like I bought it for it's clean tone lol.

Back