Bogner offering Metal Grills again

I did it, really simple with just a screwdriver. Your going to have to pull the chassis out though.

Biggest thing to remember is you'll see the unfinished inside of the headshell through the metal grill.

I'd tolex that part, or paint it. Anything to just make it look black.

Once I take the chassis out, are there some screws that hold the cloth grill in place? Do I have to remove the Bogner nameplate from the cloth grill and put it on the metal one, or does the metal one come with the nameplate?

Once I take the chassis out, are there some screws that hold the cloth grill in place? Do I have to remove the Bogner nameplate from the cloth grill and put it on the metal one, or does the metal one come with the nameplate?
If I recall correctly there are a few screws inside the headshell holding a wooden frame with the grillcloth installed on it. The grillcloth isn't stapled directly to the headshell. The metal grill has a pre installed bogner nameplate on it.

If I recall correctly there are a few screws inside the headshell holding a wooden frame with the grillcloth installed on it. The grillcloth isn't stapled directly to the headshell. The metal grill has a pre installed bogner nameplate on it.
Thanks for the reply! Is there a market for the cloth grill?

Unless something has changed, it's 3 screws. Remove the back panel, pull the chassis, remove the screws passing through 3 cleats at 12, 3, an 9 o'clock. Do not mess with the front logo.

Attached a pic showing with front grill and back panel removed

Attachments

• Bog101Bnofb.jpg
    Bog101Bnofb.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Got it installed last night. Installation was pretty easy. The only thing I did was use some matte black paint to cover up some of the chips in the wood that were already there.

I have the same cab as you. The grill cloth front rested on a rail that goes all the way across the top of the amp. I was thinking about trimming that down to about a half inch to hide it under the grill. I also noticed the metal grills are now powder coated. I was expecting the older style anodized. Which I guess hasn't been done in like 15 years.

I have the same cab as you. The grill cloth front rested on a rail that goes all the way across the top of the amp. I was thinking about trimming that down to about a half inch to hide it under the grill. I also noticed the metal grills are now powder coated. I was expecting the older style anodized. Which I guess hasn't been done in like 15 years.
Yep, I had a Rev Blue that had an anodized grill a long time ago. This one is definitely powder coated. I think I prefer the anodized version, but whatever.

Good news :) I have ordered the metal grill from Haar guitars in Netherlands. Got it today :) So if anyone in Europe / EU wants it then write to Erik from Haar gutars. He is really great guy. Got an response to my multiple emails from Bogner too. They have some issues with shipping to EU. USA orders should be fine.

Metal grille = Classic, Iconic and Metal!!
I wasn't buying my TJ without it on there.

Good to know you can buy these separately.

Back