bogner Shiva History

Hollywood

Okay, I have been interested in the Bogner Shiva as of late. need to know if anyone can contribute any info on the Shiva... Was there particular things to look for or avoid when getting one ? Also how big a difference is there in the 20th anni. ?
And what are those differences ? Reverb or no ? Pro's and con's ?

Hollywood to be honest, about 2 years ago I bought a new Shiva and was completely diappointed with the tone. It was very compressed, loose bottom, and the overall tone just flat out sucked IMO. Now the 20th Ann. I checked out last weekend was a completely different beast. Very open, articulate, tight bottom, very versatile, just flat out ripped. I'd defininately consider this one.:rock:

Okay. some one answer me this... I know what list prices are.
How do Map prices work ? So my understanding on MAP pricing is this gives a dealer/seller a Minimium so called advertised pricing level. Another way of fixing pricing to limit what can be bought at times a better prices ? :confused: Am I wrong? In Auto business we have List and Cost...... :LOL: :LOL: :yes:
And some Auto business's have their own made up prices.... :gethim: But then again in the music business they have those too. :( :LOL: :LOL:

Ventura":d9m28iij said:
me wants me some sheevs!!

That's all I can say :D

Check this article...
https://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/I ... views.aspx

Peace!! :rock: :rock: :rock:
V.
Thanks for the article. very cool and it had clips. Here is the problem. I talked with Bogner today. I want some info I ask. I also go to the top...The problem right now with Bogner's product is they have dealers out there using this 20th anniversary edition as a license to over charge.
I will not name names but I spoke with charlie on this today and made him aware of this and the dealers doing this. Bogner also needs to revisit their dealers website listing page and clean house. Charlie acknowledged this as well. Hey they stay busy.
I also gave Charlie names of reputable dealers he could/should call for the chance to carry Bogner's products. They can do want they want.
But they did write down the phone numbers to these people.
The biggest crunch is certain dealers are using the so called up charge more than once on the same product as it is an anniversary product.
And yes they do not come standard in white any longer... but if you have that white anniversary product left.... well why try to pass it off as new stock when it is not and then double up the up charge and blame Bogner for the high price?
Put it this way, I may want a white anniversary Shiva and cabs..
But I don't want them bad enough to be stupid and give money away.
Don't get me wrong everybody should make money to sell the products. But there needs to be a respectable limit. Free trade or not.

[Pricing issue] Sad.

Honestly though, the 20thA series of amps are the creme de la creme of Bogners.

I have a couple of cats I bought direct from and they weren't assholes about the pricing. PM me if you want my contacts.

V.

Back