Bogner Uber Ultra Tone Check // Discussion

Interesting... I didnt check the bias on mine, I wonder if that could have made a difference?
I’d recommend checking it, I’ve never bought an amp that was biased where it should be from the factory. Most of the time they’re pretty low, I’d not know if that’s to prolong life of the tubes while the amps still new/under warranty or if it’s cause of wall voltage differences across the country

Had this wonderful 100Watt EL34 Uber Ultra I ordered arrive a few weeks ago and I've been having an absolute blast messing around with it.

Super huge sounding with heaps of gain on tap, but still articulate. The amount of flexibility you have to shape things, boost etc is a treat.

I threw up a quick test a few weeks ago if anyone's interested in having a listen, it seems there's interest in these amps but not loads of videos going through things.

I'm tempted to throw together a longer more in depth look at it with the above in mind, but I'm also keen to see what tones others are getting with theirs, or even if there are any previous Bogner/Uber owners out there who have any tips to get the best out of them, this is my first Bogner so I'm still learning :unsure:.

First post on RigTalk also so apologies if this isn't in the most ideal forum!

I'd take this tone to the bushes

I'm really interested in this amp because I think it'd hit all the right notes for me ( :LOL: ) but every clip I've heard of them sounds insanely over gained and super fizzy. Almost like an old school death metal sound. I don't mind those tones and it sounds cool in that context, but I don't hear the clarity and tightness people have been raving about on them?

I'm really interested in this amp because I think it'd hit all the right notes for me ( :LOL: ) but every clip I've heard of them sounds insanely over gained and super fizzy. Almost like an old school death metal sound. I don't mind those tones and it sounds cool in that context, but I don't hear the clarity and tightness people have been raving about on them?

Here's a medium-ish gain clip I made a while back. I think the amp sounds great at medium gain.

Here's a darker, smoother clip of Andy Timmons' Resolution tune.

If you want a modern so-tight-it-sounds-clanky tone but with present but manageable upper harmonics, you can get that too.

If that has too much fizz for you, turn down the Presence. Done.

The amp's super saturated high gain tones are mostly what's getting showcased now but I've found it to be way more versatile than you might expect.

Last edited:
Here's a medium-ish gain clip I made a while back. I think the amp sounds great at medium gain.

If you want a modern so-tight-it-sounds-clanky tone but with present but manageable upper harmonics, you can get that too.

The amp's super saturated high gain tones are mostly what's getting showcased now but I've found it to be way more versatile than you might expect.

Really nice clips man

Sounds great! If anyone here has a Mark VII as well as this amp, how would you compare them?
I find it pretty difficult to compare a mark amp to anything else. While I feel like the 7 is the most modern sounding of the marks, it’s still not as modern as the Ultra. Ultra is tighter, colder. 7 came across slightly warmer, a little more bounce in the feel, and a bit less abrasive. Both are great, but the mark thing isn’t for everyone

I find it pretty difficult to compare a mark amp to anything else. While I feel like the 7 is the most modern sounding of the marks, it’s still not as modern as the Ultra. Ultra is tighter, colder. 7 came across slightly warmer, a little more bounce in the feel, and a bit less abrasive. Both are great, but the mark thing isn’t

I get what you are saying! I'm used to Mark amps, so I understand. The EQ tends to mess people up. The only thing I wish was that the 7 had was 2 EQs like the JP2C but I'm being very picky to be honest.

Ok, these sound amazing. Thank you for sharing, loved all 3 of those tones!

That's what my experience was especially with the KT 88.

You are def in the right place :yes: Welcome to Rig-Talk

A tad loose but your single notes were tight so seems very recto to me :dunno: Sounds great. Was that an inroom mic>?
Thanks for the welcome 🙏

This was actually just the amp through a reactive load box and a (slightly) custom IR.

Those clips sound good. :yes:

Are these for sale anywhere or do you have to get on a wait list?
I think some stores have them, but most that I spoke to would want you to custom order one.

I’m based in the UK though, so that’s definitely a factor. I imagine it might be a bit easier to try one in a store in the US.

I think some stores have them, but most that I spoke to would want you to custom order one.

I’m based in the UK though, so that’s definitely a factor. I imagine it might be a bit easier to try one in a store in the US.

I've not found a single one for sale in the US. Bogner says they're backordered into 2024, so I wouldn't expect to see one anytime soon.

On a related note, there are numerous videos of the Uberschall Mk2 loaded with EL34 tubes. But has anyone seen or heard the 6L6 or KT88 version?

I think I read somewhere the KT88 version has a different transformer and is rated at 150 watts. I have no experience with the Uber, so I'm curious about the differences.

Last edited:
Finally placed my order for the EL34 version through Sweetwater, who said they should be getting more next month.

Does anybody have a photo of the amp looking into the tube area? I haven't seen any photos of this and the new external bias pot setup.

I love my Ultra such a badass sounding amp! I have the EL34 version which I now switched to running a mix of KT88's and EL34's. It sounds fucking huge!

Finally placed my order for the EL34 version through Sweetwater, who said they should be getting more next month.

Does anybody have a photo of the amp looking into the tube area? I haven't seen any photos of this and the new external bias pot setup.
IMG_3613.jpeg

Back