BOSS EVH Delay is insane...even at mono

romanianreaper

I don't want to hype it too much if you guys have had $100,000 racks, etc. but I plugged the pedal into just my EVH 5150-III 6L6 Stealth mono and every preset was lush and awesome. I can't wait to hook this up to two amps and eventually WDW. The EVH ones are instant Eddie and just inspiring for tapping, etc.

I love the SDE3000 algorithm in my DD500 so I imagine the SDE3000 of the new EVH is equally as good if not better!

Glad to hear you are enjoying the new EVH Delay!:2thumbsup:

Nice!

There's a certain color to my SD3000s, a warmth that to me sounded better than PCMs I had so I sold them. I wonder if the Boss EVH has the same?

I would love to try one some day. Right now i am using a dd500 with my wet dry wet set up and really like it.

I was surprised to see the differences with the EVH branded version over the standard version. Well worth the extra $100.00

I had the standard version and tried to run it in mono but it seemed like I couldn’t get the mix or the repeats low enough. Probably works great w/d/w. I returned it and got a UA Starlight instead.

I had the standard version and tried to run it in mono but it seemed like I couldn’t get the mix or the repeats low enough. Probably works great w/d/w. I returned it and got a UA Starlight instead.
I love the UA Starlight. I’ve got one paired with a Golden Reverberator on my ‘big’ board and they sound incredible. I use the plate setting on the Golden and have the Starlight set on Echoplex for one quiet slap. Ted Templeman in stomp format. I’m sure I could replicate those settings with the new(er) UA Del-Verb. I think I’m going to snag a used Del Verb for my small board.

This delay has the "vintage delay" option?
Latest Tone Talk was mentioning this feature.
Dave was saying it sounds really good!

lol it even comes with the stripes..

1692790790063.jpeg

I played it again last night in stereo and just sounds sick. Can't imagine once I do WDW rig setup. The EVH presets are awesome and the other ones kill.as well. Not a preset I don't dig. Complete blast!

I like the stripes on stuff , the EVH Delay has a lot of Ed's personal settings . Now if it had nothing to do with Ed then I would agree no stripes .

I like the stripes on stuff , the EVH Delay has a lot of Ed's personal settings . Now if it had nothing to do with Ed then I would agree no stripes .
Yeah that is how I feel. That guy is why I picked up a guitar and the stripes are so iconic.

Reactions: ccn
Gonna get one for sure. I i need the stripes, they look bad ass when associated with Ed. Absolutely need the stripes😁

But seriously, perfect dor a simple WDW setup in the living room!!!! I got a couple stereo power amps collecting dust and a couple cabs, might as well do it!!!!

Back