bought a slo 100 finally

Les Zombie

heres a pic, i should have it the end of the week. ive been thinking about getting one for a while now. and its the blacked version i liked also, and it has the depth mod. i played a slo with a deliverance cab last summer and i liked it and ive been wanting one since then. this is a 05 slo so its pretty new and its in great shape. anybody evey play one with a uberkab.

1.jpg

Congrats!!!! I picked up an Avenger not long ago with the Deyoung transformer and it's got me thinking maybe an SLO is in my future too! I love the Avenger but would like a clean channel too, even if it's just servicable.

:supz:

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":644f3 said:
Congrats! Cool look in black.
Man, I love mine. It's such an aggressive beast!!

The SLO has very good clarity and string to string response....more than most high gainers, IMO

Thanks for posting the SLO clips you've put up so far, they sound really good. Keeps up the motivation to sniff out a good deal on a SLO somewhere locally too! :LOL: :D

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":e834b said:
>|<>QBB<

Thanks, so far it's just the one clip w/ a Strat.
I gotta do more.

I think the Clean/Crunch channel on the SLO is underated.
I was getting alot of tones on each setting the other day. From bluesy Strat to Hiwatt {Live At Leeds) type humbucker crunch.

That's cool, I thought I heard one on HC too.

Either way I'm glad to hear positive things about the clean/crunch channel since no one really raves about that part of the amp. As much as I love the Soldano OD I don't think I could get by with one GREAT OD channel and one weak and bland clean channel, that's been what's kinda holding me back from getting one. I've never got to play the SLO so who knows, I might love the clean/crunch channel when I finally get a chance.

Carl,

how does the SLO100 work on low volume? Are you running it with a Hotplate or so?

The couple of times that I played one, it had to be really fucking loud to sound it´s best but it was a tone I will never forget. I always wanted one but I figure they are way to frigging loud to use in a blues/blues-rock band playing smaller clubs.

Congrats on the SLO!

I agree that a/b ing it with the Splawn is not necessary. I always think of my Avenger as more "modern" voiced Marshall. Does old VH style stuff pretty well too IMHO. Just don't put the mids past 2;seriously.

You want to see a 5150 go 'run and hide' try EVH's own 5150 settings on the SLO with your Depth knob being = to the Resonance . . .
try:

Gain 5 to 5.5

Bass 5 to 5.5

Mids 3

Treble 4.5 to 5.5

Pres 6

Depth 4

Master 2- 3 will do it fine.

. . . and the 5150 runs away and hides. :wink:

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":babbf said:
>|<>QBB<

That's funny. I tried EVH's 5150 settings on my SLO the other day!
I remembered them as treb-12:00, mids- 9:00, bass-2:00, pres- 2:00
I had the gain at 2:00

Smoking setting..then I tried everything at 2:00 ala I've seen Clapton's SLOs and Warren Haynes. also ripping!

I'll check those settings out as well 8)

Most times I don't even use the Depth knob and run the VH settings like you say.

For EVH's 5150 settings, I can't remember where I saw them posted; ( most likely in some HCAF thread) but they seem to be pretty good.

Someone needs to tell me how SLOs/Avengers sound for super hi-gain thick chunky type stuff. TELL ME TELL ME TELL MEEEEE NOWWWWW! :mod:

>|<>QBB<
Qweklain":c1dba said:
Someone needs to tell me how SLOs/Avengers sound for super hi-gain thick chunky type stuff. TELL ME TELL ME TELL MEEEEE NOWWWWW! :mod:

Soldanos will get you close to the 80's Lynch tone, RATT tone and obviously Warren Haynes of Gov't Mule uses one. I'ts a bright, tight amp. If chugga chugga is your thing I doubt Soldano is your best bet. Go with Engl.

Yeah but Killswitch Engage used a SLO 100 to record their most recent album, and it sounds pretty fucking heavy. Also they used one to record the Holy Diver cover they did last year - it sounded fucking brewtal!!

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":d635a said:
>|<>QBB<
Sounds great to me at low volume. No Hotplate.
Any amp sounds it's best loud, but I can deal with playing them at lower volumes.
That clip I put up was low volume.

Damn, that was not the answer I was hoping for :LOL: :LOL:

That clip sounded really good, mmm, friend of mine is selling his SLO100 probably, stock model, no mods and 5881s.

Back