bought a slo 100 finally

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":1de7a said:
>|<>QBB<

Soldanos will get you close to the 80's Lynch tone, RATT tone and obviously Warren Haynes of Gov't Mule uses one. I'ts a bright, tight amp. If chugga chugga is your thing I doubt Soldano is your best bet. Go with Engl.

See I like bright and tight (not VHT tight though, that's too tight and doesn't leave room for chugging). I love Engl, but they really aren't as bright as I would like, and are also super popular now. I want something that's at least kinda unique, which can be even more unique through boosts and such I will use. I am also more toward the Avenger than the SLO, I don't need a clean channel. Think it would be capable of good chugging through a boost or even two?

>|<>QBB<
Oblivion DC":0a9a0 said:
Yeah but Killswitch Engage used a SLO 100 to record their most recent album, and it sounds pretty fucking heavy. Also they used one to record the Holy Diver cover they did last year - it sounded fucking brewtal!!

It does sound pretty good (even though I don't really like KSE), but it still lacks enough chunk for my taste. It's close, but still needs a bit more, hence why I was more toward the Avenger. From what I heard the Avenger has a little more gain, since it's untainted by other electro-stuff, and it has a Depth knob already in it.

>|<>QBB<
yngzaklynch":5f84d said:
>|<>QBB<

Soldanos will get you close to the 80's Lynch tone, RATT tone and obviously Warren Haynes of Gov't Mule uses one. I'ts a bright, tight amp. If chugga chugga is your thing I doubt Soldano is your best bet. Go with Engl.

I'd have said the avenger is kind of mid-way between the 80's metal tone, and the modern chugga chugga metal tone- it'll do either, basically, though something like an engl will sound more modern for the modern tones, IMO.

>|<>QBB<
Qweklain":5f84d said:
>|<>QBB<

See I like bright and tight (not VHT tight though, that's too tight and doesn't leave room for chugging). I love Engl, but they really aren't as bright as I would like, and are also super popular now. I want something that's at least kinda unique, which can be even more unique through boosts and such I will use. I am also more toward the Avenger than the SLO, I don't need a clean channel. Think it would be capable of good chugging through a boost or even two?

engl not bright enough? :-o

I'd have said engl were brighter than the avenger I tried... depends on the model, though.

>|<>QBB<
dave_mc":f9c48 said:
>|<>QBB<

engl not bright enough? :-o

I'd have said engl were brighter than the avenger I tried... depends on the model, though.

Well everything I've heard is like just average in the bright/dark sounds. Granted i could dial everything totally different, but I could never try an Engl up here in Minnesota. Also I don't care or need 4 channels at all. Just seems like total overkill for me and also would be paying for shit I don't use. I like the Fireball, but the shared EQ is minimally sucky, though I would hardly use the clean channel anyways. Kinda of interested in the Savage 120, since I know it cuts through like crazy.

Back