Brett Garsed. WTF have I never listened to this guy before?

danyeo":1gxp8qfe said:
I don't know much about ESP guitars. Which model is that?

It's basically a Horizon Custom shop - with Dimarzio Virtual PAF and bluesbucker pickups.

google Garsed and helmerich if you wanna hear some mindblowing playing. They were on the "Guitars On the Edge" series in the 90s, and there's a killer tune of theirs on there.....

dougiefresh":31aqjsml said:
What are the rules here concerning posting a Rapidshare link of a Garsed/Helmerich CD?

If it's "Quid Pro Quo" that is a rediculously great CD, both writing and playing. Both of those guys are absolutely smoking. I don't hear as much about TJ Helmerich. Great tap player with really interesting lines.

shredhead666":2fdpcqcw said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_TfvFftf4s

:worship: :worship: :worship:

I KNOW I'll get my ass kicked for this, but I was a Nelson fan back when that album broke with Brett on it..... Yes... I've said it... :aww: :scared: I've loved melodic rock with a great guitar player.... :cry:
I feel better that I've finally come clean on this... Like a weights been lifted... :LOL: :LOL:
an based on that 'guy', got ahold of that instructional video an shat myself!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Beyond the fact I really dug that Nelson album as a whole, :LOL: :LOL: Garseds one of my favs and imo one of the all time fusion greats.. his fantastic Holdsworth-like fluidity, his approach, is just staggering, no matter how 'Simple' he claims it is in the Vid...... :gethim: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

HGainiac":341vsqgq said:
shredhead666":341vsqgq said:

I KNOW I'll get my ass kicked for this, but I was a Nelson fan back when that album broke with Brett on it..... Yes... I've said it... :aww: :scared: I've loved melodic rock with a great guitar player.... :cry:
I feel better that I've finally come clean on this... Like a weights been lifted... :LOL: :LOL:
an based on that 'guy', got ahold of that instructional video an shat myself!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Beyond the fact I really dug that Nelson album as a whole, :LOL: :LOL: Garseds one of my favs and imo one of the all time fusion greats.. his fantastic Holdsworth-like fluidity, his approach, is just staggering, no matter how 'Simple' he claims it is in the Vid...... :gethim: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I can do you one worse...I took lessons from him back then. :)

degenaro":3aiit1c1 said:
HGainiac":3aiit1c1 said:
shredhead666":3aiit1c1 said:

I can do you one worse...I took lessons from him back then. :)

That explains a LOT, Ed...... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Dude, he's a tremendous player, I dont think enuff guys really know or appreciate what he can do, especially the stuff with Helmrich... that instructional video still kicks my ass.... :thumbsup:

*lines up for ass kicking*

Never heard the guys stuff that I can recall. :dunno:

Ill check out the links sometime today though.

tweed":1egv513a said:
*lines up for ass kicking*

Never heard the guys stuff that I can recall. :dunno:

Ill check out the links sometime today though.

:gethim: Stop fkn around doing work related s#!t, and go look....do something IMPORTANT!!! :rock:

HGainiac":ekn6plww said:
That explains a LOT, Ed...... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Dude, he's a tremendous player, I dont think enuff guys really know or appreciate what he can do, especially the stuff with Helmrich... that instructional video still kicks my ass.... :thumbsup:
Don't know it, when I took lessons from him he just got started recording the first Garsed/Helmerich thing.

Back