BRITISH PURIST SH TUBE AMP by LARRY

A few more impressions of my new baby, this time from the inside, so a look (or a few more o_O ) at the circuit:

IMG_8192x.jpg

IMG_8197x.jpg

And some more detailed photos for those hobbyists out there who want to try to copy/recreate the baby.

Here you even can read the values of the components and the color codes of the resistors directly and track each individual cable:

IMG_8193x.jpg

IMG_8194.jpeg

IMG_8195x.jpg

IMG_8196.jpeg

Now it would be good for the cloners if the chassis were mirrored on the inside, because then you could see how many and which components are on the underside of the board 🤷‍♂️ 😆

To be continued.

It looks like it's for audiophiles though so I'm sceptical. These guys think power chords make a difference.

Cleaner input voltage=better performance.

Like a racing cars, better fuel, better effectiveness in the engine working.
Just curious if it's worth getting one. What is it doing exactly though? I already have a Furman power conditioner.

I asked around and the answer I got was; The amount of DC on the mains is going to be negligible, and DC can't make it through the power transformer anyway.

I did order the power entry module with RFI filter Larry is using in his amp for my JCM-800.

sacQYBcm.jpg

……..Now it would be good for the cloners if the chassis were mirrored on the inside, because then you could see how many and which components are on the underside of the board 🤷‍♂️ 😆

To be continued.

I am very curious about the outside design of the amp. It would be plexy glas style design or closed Wrecky style look?

I am sure, the color is British green.😃

I am very curious about the outside design of the amp. It would be plexy glas style design or closed Wrecky style look?

I am sure, the color is British green.😃

Andor, I know you're ready to order a British Purist, so that your Rock Wizard is no longer so alone :giggle:

But I'm still not taking any orders again at the moment.
Only again from about Aug/Sept and from there with 3 years delivery time for Larry owner and 4 years delivery time for all others.

Nevertheless a few first impressions of the head case of the small British Purist, still without tolex.

And yes, it is ONLY available in British Racing Green and of corse it also will have a Plexiglass front, just like its big brother.
It also gets cream-colored chicken head knobs instead of the current black ones. These were just not available at the moment.

IMG_8203.jpeg

IMG_8204.jpeg

IMG_8205.jpeg

IMG_8206.jpeg

IMG_8207.jpeg

IMG_8209.jpeg

To be continued.

Perfect design Larry. Best place for this Baby is sitting on custom oversized 2x12 cabinet with Celestion alnico gold speakers. Of course, the cabinet in British Racing Green color too. 😃

Yeah. If it works, that is great. I think I am lucky being in an area where most of the houses are new construction. I don't have any power issues. I don't use power conditioners or anything.

A few more impressions in advance.
Now all that's missing from the gem is the Plexiglas front with the Larry logo, which I'll get by the end of next week.

IMG_8222.jpeg

IMG_8223.jpeg

IMG_8224.jpeg

On Saturday, Alex H. was with me for testing. The guy who has written many test reports about guitars and amps for GrandGtrs over the past 15 years and who besides knows all my amp models.

Already in 2009 he wrote a test report about the big British Purist for GrandGtrs.

After extensive testing with different guitars, he was extremely delighted with the little baby and finally said, that he likes the little one even better than the big one. His final words: The little one isn't as brutal, but it sounds even more organic than the big one 😊

To be continued.

And yes, I've already made provisions for the next 5 specimen of the little British Purist, so that I can build the next one and the one after next.
The basic elements - chassis:

IMG_8225.jpeg

IMG_8226.jpeg

Front- & Backpanels:

IMG_8215.jpeg

And of corse irons are always enough in the house, because these are the Pacific, the same as for my Wrecky 35 after Ken Fisher's Trainwreck specs:

IMG_8227.jpeg

To be continued.

And yes, I've already made provisions for the next 5 specimen of the little British Purist, so that I can build the next one and the one after next.
The basic elements - chassis:

View attachment 199711

View attachment 199714

Front- & Backpanels:

View attachment 199717

And of corse irons are always enough in the house, because these are the Pacific, the same as for my Wrecky 35 after Ken Fisher's Trainwreck specs:

View attachment 199720

To be continued.

Well then it looks like you’ll have 3 available?
I know you don’t sell to me,
but I know a dude that wants one of those.
Is the amp available?

Back