Cab ohms

Sam Laming

In time I'm probably going to get Diezel 2x12 (8ohms mono) and another brand of a 2x12 which I'm tempted to try get in 16ohms for the tone - I wouldn't be able to run both of these safely through a Herbert unless the second 2x12 was an 8ohm, correct?

Both cabs 8 Ohm: use the 4 Ohm out ( 2x8 Ohm) - = inner speaker outs
One 8 Ohm, one 16 Ohm: total impedance is 5,3 Ohm, 16 Ohm cab won't be as loud = inner speaker outs

get two identical, not because of the mismatch, but because it sounds better :D

I dont really get the whole Ohmage thing... I have 2 1X12 cabs. 1 Bogner 1X12 80watt 16ohm and 1 Celestion GK12-100 rated at 8 ohms. How should i hook these up into my Einstein?
I noticed a HUGE difference when i went from 8-16ohms with the bogner. MUCH louder in the 16 ohm input!

Both into the 4 Ohm outs (2x8) - head? Also "inner" speaker outs. ( 4- 4- 8 -8 - 16)
Your overall impedance is 5.3 Ohm. So the 4Ohm of the transformer has the least mismatch . . .
ok?

duesentrieb":g15umdna said:
Both cabs 8 Ohm: use the 4 Ohm out ( 2x8 Ohm) - = inner speaker outs
One 8 Ohm, one 16 Ohm: total impedance is 5,3 Ohm, 16 Ohm cab won't be as loud = inner speaker outs

get two identical, not because of the mismatch, but because it sounds better :D

What does ohmidge equate to in tone? More is better? Or is it in one specific aspect? etc...

Might be getting a variable ohmidge thing for this cab so it might be alright anyway.

When properly matched there isn't a difference, although some people claim that there is a diff.
Just match the cabs to the amp.

Back