Calibrate Fluke 115 ?

Arch Stanton

Dollar Store Satriani
So, when I place the meter on Ω and touch the leads, I should be reading 0.0Ω but instead I get 0.2Ω

How the heck do I calibrate this while touching the leads together ?

Dunno.................:dunno: the leads wire could be getting old getting some resistance. I'm not sure it can be calibrated besides the original factory calibration.

Dunno.................:dunno: the leads wire could be getting old getting some resistance. I'm not sure it can be calibrated besides the original factory calibration.
Every meter I've ever had you could calibrate a continuity check to zero it out..

🤷‍♂️

to properly calibrate it you need the calibrating machine (sorta looks like an oscilloscope). The simplest and cheapest way is to send it out to be calibrated (but will still be at least a few hundred bucks probably)

personally i would try different test leads first if you havent yet. It's certainly possibly that is where the resistance is coming from

to properly calibrate it you need the calibrating machine (sorta looks like an oscilloscope). The simplest and cheapest way is to send it out to be calibrated (but will still be at least a few hundred bucks probably)

personally i would try different test leads first if you havent yet. It's certainly possibly that is where the resistance is coming from
It's off on the Ω setting by 0.2Ω

I'll live with it.

Is there a way to tare it? I’ve never tried it on my DMMs but I’m at work and just tried the Null button on my Keysight U1252B DMM and it tared it out to 0.

I believe OP is talking about taring it like mentioned in another post or a "relative measurement" feature, but I could be wrong.

I believe OP is talking about taring it like mentioned in another post or a "relative measurement" feature, but I could be wrong.

the 115 doesn't have that feature. It's also potentially not beneficial because it's more likely that the meter is just not that sensitive, and that the leads are causing the small resistance. It's probably not out of calibration

@Arch Stanton I took a quick look through the manual and didn't see any tare/relative measurement/calibration feature for the ohms mode, though it's always possible I missed it. I found another thread elsewhere discussing the same thing, and so far it looks like they didn't find anything either. I'll mention also that if I'm reading the manual right, the reading you're getting is within specifications:
1713288064802.png

Removed the leads and sprayed the connections (both in the meter and the lead sockets) with Deoxit D5 and followed up with compressed air.

Connecting the leads on resistance setting now reads 0.0Ω

the 115 doesn't have that feature. It's also potentially not beneficial because it's more likely that the meter is just not that sensitive, and that the leads are causing the small resistance. It's probably not out of calibration
Agreed, I can't find that feature either. I replied to your post because it seemed like you were recommending it be sent out for calibration if the test lead things didn't work out, and I thought there might have been some confusion over what the OP wanted. Agreed that it likely is not out of calibration.

Back