Cameron Aldrich on ebay

1meanplexi

Hello All!

Any of you guys (or gals) familiar with this head? Real deal? Thanks in advance for your answers :rock: !!!!!!

if its the one i think , i noticed it switched hands twice in less than a month... so that alone should be self explanitory from there...

I saw gut shots and it doesn't look like a normal aldrich mod to me, there are no mods on the v1 preamp tube at all - with the aldrich mod generally you have to do the mods right on the preamp tubes otherwise you get, noise, phase canceling, and oscillation. This amp has the mods in weird spots. I'm Not trying to dog on the seller, sorry in advance.

That's a RI head too. Not the mod platform of choice of Mark's either. Definitely not the one from Psycho. His was a JMP.

SK

joepete77":o8zxprmz said:
I was looking at it, is it the same one Dave sold here a month or so ago??

it is the amp that dave sold --- then it went to uncle ned, then to this guy.... I have pics, inside and out.

the reissues can sound killer if you do the mod correctly, im not saying this amp sounds bad , just saying ive done like 3 cameron aldrich mods on some of my own amps and the layout on this amp is different.

Must be a reason its not listed on here. The only real difference I can see between an older JMP is the transformers. I'll tell you, swap out the OT in the 1987X, get rid of the loop and its killer. I installed a Merren OT in one and the improvement was substantial. It went from a great modded Marshall to one of the best I could imagine. Killer killer amp.

glip22":3v0pg11y said:
Must be a reason its not listed on here. The only real difference I can see between an older JMP is the transformers. I'll tell you, swap out the OT in the 1987X, get rid of the loop and its killer. I installed a Merren OT in one and the improvement was substantial. It went from a great modded Marshall to one of the best I could imagine. Killer killer amp.

My buddy installed a Merren OT in his Chupacabra. I haven't heard it yet, but he says it sounds alot better.

mhenson42":30kogcrg said:
glip22":30kogcrg said:

My buddy installed a Merren OT in his Chupacabra. I haven't heard it yet, but he says it sounds alot better.
Takes a few to beak in. At first it seemed some of th elow end was lost but the trade off was worth it for sure. After a while the low end opened up and it has even more than before. The mids are much better as well. Good transformers. Also quite a bit heavier with the better wire.

So this is not the one Psychodave sold a few weeks back? His video is still up and it is a JCM 800. Dave also said it was gooped and the one on ebay says it's gooped also. I certainly can't buy it now but if it were to pop up in maybe 6 months I probably could. Would be cool to have it's owner history. Daves video of the amp he sold is the best Cameron clip I have heard. I know it's just a clip but I hear certain tonal qualities I like. Sometime this year I'll be in the market for a second amp.

I'm selling the Cameron modded JCM800 2203X. I bought it from goldwing68nv (Ned) who got it previously from Psychodave from what I was told. I'm no Cameron expert but I've owned a few over the years and Ned assured me in his listing that Mark Cameron confirmed that he indeed did do the mod. It is an Aldrich mod with some slight variations to make it a little more modern and agressive sounding and that's exactly what it sounds like. I'll post some gut shots if anyone needs them on the listing with the signature.
That being said, if dawnofdreamx97 is implying that it's not a Cameron mod then he is also implying that goldwing68nv and psychodave are liars and they lied to me. I don't think that's the case but if it is than it should be addressed and maybe they could put these questions to rest.
The amp sounds fantastic. I am selling because I bought a few high dollar amps including a Diezel and Bogner for some sessions. I'm not rich and can't keep a ton of high dollar amps around at one time so I recorded with them and am passing them along.

bognermaniac":30hb7rv9 said:
I'm selling the Cameron modded JCM800 2203X. I bought it from goldwing68nv (Ned) who got it previously from Psychodave from what I was told. I'm no Cameron expert but I've owned a few over the years and Ned assured me in his listing that Mark Cameron confirmed that he indeed did do the mod. It is an Aldrich mod with some slight variations to make it a little more modern and agressive sounding and that's exactly what it sounds like. I'll post some gut shots if anyone needs them on the listing with the signature.
That being said, if dawnofdreamx97 is implying that it's not a Cameron mod then he is also implying that goldwing68nv and psychodave are liars and they lied to me. I don't think that's the case but if it is than it should be addressed and maybe they could put these questions to rest.
The amp sounds fantastic. I am selling because I bought a few high dollar amps including a Diezel and Bogner for some sessions. I'm not rich and can't keep a ton of high dollar amps around at one time so I recorded with them and am passing them along.
The amp is the real deal. I played it when Dave got it back from Mark.

bognermaniac":11xlti72 said:

Hey , I wasn't implying anyone was lying, I was just implying that I've never seen an aldrich mod like that before ever. I was attempting to educate anyone as to what they'd be buying for $xxxx amount of dollars, I'd be upset if I bought an amp labeled a JOSE mod and I got something different you know? especially if someone were on the hunt for a standard ALDRICH mod,which this clearly isn't. I'm not trying to come off like a prick, or say that people shouldn't buy your amp, that's not my business and that would be rude. So I apologize if i pushed in anyones tampons in a little to hard. :LOL: :LOL:

Heres a new selling point for you, CAMERON CUSTOM MOD, 1 of a kind, 100 watts of fury!! that should be worth a couple extra bills $$ :thumbsup: :D seriously though, a 1 off should have more value... imo

PLAY BALL! ;)

hey guys...i'm a little late to this party,but i just dont read RT "daily" as i once used to so i just caught this thread this morning.....anyways,to CLARIFY things,this amp that bognermaniac is selling on ebay IS 100% MARK CAMERON modded.I HAVE CONFIRMED THIS INFO WITH MARK CAMERON APPROX A MONTH AGO :D the amp was owned by pychodave about a year or so ago.i bought it from a guy,who's not an RT forum member,i sold it to bognermaniac a few weeks ago.as i had orig mentioned in my RT forum classified ad(and to bognermaniac in varous PM's) ,this particular CAMERON mod was a "variation of an Aldrich mod".that info was worded specifically by BOTH mark cameron and pyschodave.it's a cool amp.it's def more modern-sounding than a cameron jose mod,as a typical Aldrich mod does sound, which is which is why i sold it as i have my cameron jose-modded Mig50 and i just prefer that tone more.once again,this 800 on ebay is 100% MARK CAMERON modded and it's a variation/hybrid,whatever you'd like to call it,of a cameron Aldrich mod....it's too bad pyschodave isnt on the forum now because he could also verify it's "authenticity" and answer any more questions & in further detail....but seeing that parntz145 mentions,earlier in this thread,that he has seen & played THIS very amp at pyschodave's home when he once had it,this should all be enough to put things to rest!!!

:rock: rock on,dudes!!!

goldwing68nv":2091mpgv said:
joepete77":2091mpgv said:

and,btw...the one that pyschodave sold a month ago was a 50watt JMP head.

The one Psychodave sold a month ago had a video demo of it. I watched it just 2 days ago and I could swear I saw JCM800 on it. The video has been deleted within the last 24 hours. :doh: So who bought the one from Psychodave a little less than a month ago? That one sounded killer.

bubbastain":wp5dssrd said:
goldwing68nv":wp5dssrd said:
joepete77":wp5dssrd said:

and,btw...the one that pyschodave sold a month ago was a 50watt JMP head.

The one Psychodave sold a month ago had a video demo of it. I watched it just 2 days ago and I could swear I saw JCM800 on it. The video has been deleted within the last 24 hours. :doh: So who bought the one from Psychodave a little less than a month ago? That one sounded killer.

not sure who bought that one? i do def remember it being a 50 watter,though...the one that's on ebay right now is a 100 watter.

Back