Cameron Amps and the future of the brand...

lame guitarist":1iozh0dp said:
Will there be any plans for overseas distribution, how about us UK guys that would like UK voltage versions of a CCV??

We haven't sorted that out yet but I will address it at the next production meeting.

Cool, I would really like to be the first here in the UK with a CCV from what I read about these amps. The whole cameron drama put me off and am glad it did, with yourself running things though I wouldn't think twice about putting business your way Brad

lame guitarist":2gfwc8mf said:
Will there be any plans for overseas distribution, how about us UK guys that would like UK voltage versions of a CCV??

That is great, a selector for 110, 220 and 230 like most marshalls have... I need 220V down here in Argentina

lame guitarist":3j8znbzi said:
Cool, I would really like to be the first here in the UK with a CCV from what I read about these amps. The whole cameron drama put me off and am glad it did, with yourself running things though I wouldn't think twice about putting business your way Brad

You certainly would not be the first. There are a few over there (at least there were). :D

Did Todd Duane get his amp? It was the one that was at Barrang...They already had a "prototype" If not then who got Todds amp?
thank you
jerry

jerrydyer":1uoekmtk said:
Did Todd Duane get his amp? It was the one that was at Barrang...They already had a "prototype" If not then who got Todds amp?
thank you
jerry

I think I can speak for Todd when I say that neither he or I have gotten our amps or cabs and we were first. Both of ours were said to be done...

jerrydyer":317n30by said:
thank you
jerry

Todds amp is semi assembled at Barang . I sent him pics last week.

johnpace2":abqv68ad said:
jerrydyer":abqv68ad said:
thank you
jerry

I think I can speak for Todd when I say that neither he or I have gotten our amps or cabs and we were first. Both of ours were said to be done...

I was told by Mark that he shipped Johns amp but I doubt it.

How is this situation different then when Chris and Mark got together? Not trying to start anything just want to understand.
Thanks brad for doing this.

psychodave":1wtyetnm said:
jerrydyer":1wtyetnm said:
thank you
jerry
:checkthisout:

Also, Mark told me that John P's amp was boxed up ready to ship.
Man, how do you guys keep track of all this stuff? My head starts spinning when I read these posts about who got/didn't get what... I really hope it all gets sorted out and you all get what you have put deposits on, or at the very least, get a refund.

I can totally understand the pissed-offed-ness of some members and their anger over feeling swindled. That's a lot of ca$h we're talkin' now when you add it all up. I really think our best bet is for the deal to get rolling, the new product gets sold and shipped, Mark gets his cut and hope HE alone makes good on his committments. I know that 'hope' is only dreaming with your eyes open, but what else can be done? :no:

psychodave":33h5mz49 said:
jasonP":33h5mz49 said:
How is this situation different then when Chris and Mark got together? Not trying to start anything just want to understand.

Go back and re-read this thread. Brad outlined it several times. :thumbsup:

Yes Brad is pretty damn clear in this regard! I really would like to see this whole effort succeed! :thumbsup:

King Guitar":1ksz2lqc said:
lame guitarist":1ksz2lqc said:

We haven't sorted that out yet but I will address it at the next production meeting.

It should not be any problem in having different primary taps on Mercury Magnetics mains transformers, most if they're custom made.

Brad, in most Europe except UK (240VAC), mains voltage is 230VAC, not 220VAC. Please consider this when making the specs on the mains transformer. Some amps come with 220-240VAC selector and it's 230VAC what is standard in most Europe nowadays.

chameleon":3n3cd6iq said:
King Guitar":3n3cd6iq said:
lame guitarist":3n3cd6iq said:

It should not be any problem in having different primary taps on Mercury Magnetics mains transformers, most if they're custom made.

Brad, in most Europe except UK (240VAC), mains voltage is 230VAC, not 220VAC. Please consider this when making the specs on the mains transformer. Some amps come with 220-240VAC selector and it's 230VAC what is standard in most Europe nowadays.

You wont have any trouble if you run either, its within the 10% margin. I run a 240V Diezel at 220V in Argentina

jasonP":1d04c8kv said:

Chris was in business with Mark and relied on him to actually make and ship amps. We are licensing Marks designs and paying ourselves to have them made by a third party, we collect the money, we pay to have the amps built and we ship them. Mark has no part in any of that equation. People love marks designs not so much the way he does business. We are taking the business part off the table for Mark and putting our money and reputations on the line to deliver Cameron designed products. You wont see me open the ordering if I cant deliver the amp in a timely fashion. Thats the difference. :thumbsup:

tubebury51":31tcqj26 said:
psychodave":31tcqj26 said:
jerrydyer":31tcqj26 said:
thank you
jerry
:checkthisout:

Also, Mark told me that John P's amp was boxed up ready to ship.
Man, how do you guys keep track of all this stuff? My head starts spinning when I read these posts about who got/didn't get what... I really hope it all gets sorted out and you all get what you have put deposits on, or at the very least, get a refund.

I can totally understand the pissed-offed-ness of some members and their anger over feeling swindled. That's a lot of ca$h we're talkin' now when you add it all up. I really think our best bet is for the deal to get rolling, the new product gets sold and shipped, Mark gets his cut and hope HE alone makes good on his committments. I know that 'hope' is only dreaming with your eyes open, but what else can be done? :no:

It is our experience you can not give Mark his cut and expect him to "do the right thing" and make good. This is why I laid out the deal to Mark that a portion of his revenue would be withheld to get the missing amps built. I didn't have anything to do with anyone paying and not getting amps, it is Marks burden and this is the ONLY was any of you have a snowballs chance in hell of getting made whole. Thats the truth.

jerrydyer":31oys7cm said:
How about Bobby Willis's amp. I even gave mark my fed ex.

I spoke with Booby from LAX the other day. He sent in a JCM 800 to Mark to be modded years ago. H ehas my sympthy and I told him that, that said other than telling Mark to send BACK PEOPLES AMPS...

I HAVE NOTHING/ZERO/ZILCH to do with any mod work people may have sent to Mark in the past. I am NOT Marks representative/apologist or defender.

We all know how pissed allot of you are. I'm pissed for you. I've caught flack for some of my posts taking up for you guys that are out money and amps. Seriously, Give Brad a chance :doh: He's your only hope. If you keep taking his time, it's only going to delay you possibly getting made whole as he puts it and may cause him to say Fuck It. Is that what you want. Seriously :confused:

yeah.....I know that. Just like I didnt want any responsibility from the old mods but nonetheless, your the closest thing they have to an answer. So for Bobby, you think the next time you speak to Mark you can ask him about it like I did? Thank you. Once again I gave him my fed ex for this purpose. Bobby said he could even ship it back not finished.

Back