CAMERON MODDED MARSHALL ON FLEABAY?

tubebury51

I'm sure some of you guys have spotted this amp:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mark-Cameron-Mo...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f01251b2c

Has anyone played thru or know of this amp? Too bad it ain't a 100 watter, or I might be tempted.... :doh:

I wouldn't mind another Mark C. amp in my harem, but I have another Dave Friedman APC-modded JMP on the way to pay for first (just the mod, that is!)... However, I wonder why the front panel isn't shown completely in the pics? And the little kid-like sharpie scrawling on the back panel is a bit fishy.... Can anyone recognize Mark's sig?

:confused:

rareguitar":1lqfiwal said:
halebox":1lqfiwal said:
How did it sound? You said it was noisy?

It sounded good, a little bright and a little noisy but it had the Cameron kick. I would recommend it.
That's great to hear from a former owner/forum member about an amp like this on FleaBay! Did you have Mark mod it or did you buy it already done? A medium gain Jose or Low or High?

tubebury51":28unstzq said:
rareguitar":28unstzq said:
halebox":28unstzq said:

It sounded good, a little bright and a little noisy but it had the Cameron kick. I would recommend it.
That's great to hear from a former owner/forum member about an amp like this on FleaBay! Did you have Mark mod it or did you buy it already done? A medium gain Jose or Low or High?

I was told it was Marks personal amp but who knows. I bought it from Josh at Rebel Amps. I bought it as a Aldrich mod.

rareguitar":1y3rqj2e said:
tubebury51":1y3rqj2e said:
rareguitar":1y3rqj2e said:
halebox":1y3rqj2e said:

I was told it was Marks personal amp but who knows. I bought it from Josh at Rebel Amps. I bought it as a Aldrich mod.
Cool... I have never tried one of them mods... All the Jose's he's done I'm familiar with plus I had an old Carlsbro 100 TOP I had him mod that's been around the block a few times... Sigh.... :no: shoulda kept that fist '73 SLP he did for me! :doh:

Aldrich mod is the best sounding best feeling mod ive ever played through. Wide range on the gain controls.

jerrydyer":5kxfweop said:
Aldrich mod is the best sounding best feeling mod ive ever played through. Wide range on the gain controls.
Is it more aggressive in the gain and edge dept? I have heard clips and they kill, that's why I had Dave F. mod my Marshall. It's like a hopped up Jose mod, with more bite, a little tighter and modern-sounding (KS mods)... Good luck getting Mark to mod another amp for a long time... If one came up somewhere, I may be interested, tho...

:confused: Are there any clips of this amp floating around out there ?
I read the " a little bright and noisy thing" so I was wondering about any clips.
The all the 50 watters I have ever had that Mark Cameron modded were as big sounding as a 100 watter.
Some carried more noise than others , that's for sure. ;)

Hollywood":2w42n09c said:
I read the " a little bright and noisy thing" so I was wondering about any clips.
The all the 50 watters I have ever had that Mark Cameron modded were as big sounding as a 100 watter.
The 50 watters DO sound huge when ya open 'em up on the Master Volume end.... The HG "Jose" mods are noisier as is the LG "Jose" 50 watter I have, even with the HG gain toggle engaged.... The LG circuit is very quiet. Clips of this amp would be cool, since "a little bright and noisy" is not a great endorsement!

tubebury51":26t9zzha said:
Hollywood":26t9zzha said:
The 50 watters DO sound huge when ya open 'em up on the Master Volume end.... The HG "Jose" mods are noisier as is the LG "Jose" 50 watter I have, even with the HG gain toggle engaged.... The LG circuit is very quiet. Clips of this amp would be cool, since "a little bright and noisy" is not a great endorsement!
AGREED. :yes: But the guy that has the amp is a Cool guy from what I have heard, so if the amp is okay, then I think a buyer would be just fine with the sale from where I see it. :thumbsup:

Hollywood":2t4vfxlp said:
tubebury51":2t4vfxlp said:
Hollywood":2t4vfxlp said:
AGREED. :yes: But the guy that has the amp is a Cool guy from what I have heard, so if the amp is okay, then I think a buyer would be just fine with the sale from where I see it. :thumbsup:
That's another good thing to know about this amp.... A personal knowledge of a member/eBay seller is worth it's weight in gold. Hey Hollywood, you haven't heard this amp yet, have you? (since you may know the seller?) Clips are great, but up close and personal is king.... I have heard good clips only to be sorta "Hmphed" when I tried the amps and vice versa.... For example, Psychodave's clips are very good and all his Cameron's sound smokin' hot... he does a very good job. Did you ever hear the real deal - A "Jose A." modded Marshall at James Lugo's amp shoot-out? It sounded very good! :rock:

tubebury51":3dcfn5qp said:
Hollywood":3dcfn5qp said:
tubebury51":3dcfn5qp said:
Hollywood":3dcfn5qp said:
That's another good thing to know about this amp.... A personal knowledge of a member/eBay seller is worth it's weight in gold. Hey Hollywood, you haven't heard this amp yet, have you? (since you may know the seller?) Clips are great, but up close and personal is king.... I have heard good clips only to be sorta "Hmphed" when I tried the amps and vice versa.... For example, Psychodave's clips are very good and all his Cameron's sound smokin' hot... he does a very good job. Did you ever hear the real deal - A "Jose A." modded Marshall at James Lugo's amp shoot-out? It sounded very good! :rock:
Man ? I don't know how I missed this post. :doh:
I am soo sorry for that.
In answering this question, I have not heard the amp in this E-bay sale.
I just know that every guy I have ever spoken with, said that this guy was an alright dude.
I knew a small bit of the history behind this amp so that knowledge coupled with the good words put in by all these fellows made me feel like it would be a safe and alright deal to make if you were looking for this type of amp. :yes:

Back