Cameron Old Bitch Overview (Pics and Clip)

• Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16554

Since no webpage shows the old bitch amp, and there haven't really been any quality clips, i'd figure id throw this thread up with some info, pics, and a shittly little noodling around clip i did. Hopefully its useful.

If there are any questions I can answer or any other clips you'd like to hear, please feel free to let me know.

A few quick notes:

The first little metal knob on the front (left side if you're looking right at front) is a 3-way switch for different gain stages

The second little metal knob on the right (right side if you're looking right at the front) is a 3-way bright switch

The Gain Trim knob is (quoting dave friedman here) "another gain pot but it does not go to zero"

The Thump knob, well to my ears, adds ridiculous amount of bottom end without getting flubby even if you max it

Metropolous FX Loop, i believe its the same one as on the Friedman BE-100's, its awesome

Master volume is incredible, I play it through a Two Notes Torpedo Live now, but before even through my rectifier 4x12 and scumback 4x12, it sounded awesome at low volumes. Just to be clear, nothing compares to a half-stack running at full volume, but if you're in an apartment with relatively decent soundproofing, running the master just a smidge past zero does not sound bad at all!

I've never played a Marshall modded by Mark Cameron but love the sound that comes out of this guy, highly recommended!

img0080qj.jpg

img0044so.jpg

img0045gdw.jpg

img0046yf.jpg

img0050lt.jpg

img0047iv.jpg

img0048lj.jpg

img0049jtd.jpg

rlord1974":1h6udr5c said:
"Dickin' around with the Old Bitch"?........How fitting. :LOL: :LOL:

So easy to let the creativity run wild with some of the amp names here hahaha

Sounds great!!! Wonder how it sounds compared to an original Cameron Aldrich? The Atomica is a bad ass sounding amp even though it is not a 100% Cameron amp!!!

Where are the official clips from TM?

thanks for listening folks, once i get my studio monitors and recording shit set up, i'll get some more clips up so you can get a sense of the rhythm sound as well

i'd love to put this thing up next to a cameron modded marshall, would love to get some comparisons going on for sure!!!

metalmaniac93":2w8cs3jg said:
Yes, more clips!!!! What speakers do you have in the Scumback cab?

Had unfortunately :(

its got 4 bm65's in it if i remember correctly, brad's actually selling it for me at the moment or well i guess it'll be in his shop for sale once the shop is opened up

Killer cab though, i just won't have room or the ability to play through a 4x12 in my new digs, but the two notes torpedo live does not disappoint :D

especially not for recording based on the comments i've read!!

Leveraged Sellout":t4e64tnw said:
metalmaniac93":t4e64tnw said:

its got 4 bm65's in it if i remember correctly, brad's actually selling it for me at the moment or well i guess it'll be in his shop for sale once the shop is opened up

Killer cab though, i just won't have room or the ability to play through a 4x12 in my new digs, but the two notes torpedo live does not disappoint :D

Damn!!! What cab is being used in this clip?

metalmaniac93":2h2fjk1q said:
Leveraged Sellout":2h2fjk1q said:
metalmaniac93":2h2fjk1q said:

Damn!!! What cab is being used in this clip?

Oh it's the scumback cab thats currently for sale, the clip was recorded a while back when i first received the amp, i have since shipped the cab to brad so he can sell it

i just decided to repost the clip from a few months ago so people had a reference point, since these amps aren't just sitting around in shops for everyone to try

yeti":2j0r0l7l said:
wow!

sounds REALLLLY good. great chops too....

Thanks for checking it out man, appreciate the kind words

I'm going to try and upload another one with the Two Notes in the near future

Back