Carol Ann Tucana 3 gain knob no work?

skycries57

Hi guys new to forum and glad to meet yall! Original owner to 7 year old Carol Ann tucana 3 head and cab bedroom played only. Was playing 2 hrs yesterday low volumes on channel 2 w gain knob at 10 oclock and input on 12 oclock. Went to turn up gain knob and only got loud clean volume and zero gain. I unplugged 5 min and high gain stage was not present just loud clean. Never had this w any amp, what could be prob, no weird noise at all on all 3 channels, just no high gain on 2 gain channels just loud clean? Thanks for help

New 12ax7 tubes and still no high gain? I see nothing abnormal or melted or burnt
I had an issue like this, it ended up being a weak solder essentially. I found mine right before my tone stack , think the part in my amp was PH101. Not going to be a lot of help specifically but I'd look for something little like that if new tubes didn't sort you out. I just stared at my board for like 30 mins and saw a leg that wasn't soldered like the rest. Popped some solder on there and it's back to 💯

Thanks for the reply..yeah, I stared at it for and hr searching w a small flashlight, saw nothing..ill take apart again and look on back side of board..here are pics👍

Attachments

• Collage_2023-07-18_22_21_14.jpg
    Collage_2023-07-18_22_21_14.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 44
Back