CCV 1st production run UK voltage Conversion help?

Steve Thomas

I am considering getting a US voltage CCV and have read on this forum that the power transformer can be tapped for UK voltage. Can someone here explain how (if possible) my amp tech can convert? Many thanks

Steve Thomas":1gxmc8rz said:
I am considering getting a US voltage CCV and have read on this forum that the power transformer can be tapped for UK voltage. Can someone here explain how (if possible) my amp tech can convert? Many thanks

Ive never seen inside either of my CCV but..
I have had plenty of old marshalls that didnt have the usual voltage selector on the back and were wired for one voltage only and yet when you remove the bell covers on the mains tranny there are a selection of alternative connections to choose from making it possible to run the amp on a variety of voltages and with those its usually a simple case of having to move a wire and knowing which connections to move it to.
if the ccv is the same type thing then I would think that dave friedman would probably know if the transformer actually has the ability to be tapped for 230V

Most Mercury iron will have the multi-tap wiring. It will be heat shrunk and tied back. Your tech will only need to swap the 220V and 110V primary leads. I can't remember if it is a board connection or hard connection on the 1st run though. Have your tech give Patrick a call at Mercury Magnetics. Or, call Friedman over at TM's. He is the service department for the amps.

steve_k":1ofem8nf said:
Most Mercury iron will have the multi-tap wiring. It will be heat shrunk and tied back. Your tech will only need to swap the 220V and 110V primary leads. I can't remember if it is a board connection or hard connection on the 1st run though. Have your tech give Patrick a call at Mercury Magnetics. Or, call Friedman over at TM's. He is the service department for the amps.
Hard connection to the power switch I believe.

glip22":2q4f8q0l said:
steve_k":2q4f8q0l said:
Hard connection to the power switch I believe.

I think you are right. I don't have any gut shots of my old ones.

steve_k":3u4ujauk said:

Thanks to all for there replies. I sent Dave Friedman a pm and Dave has confirmed that the transformer cannot be tapped for UK voltage. Thanks again

Back