CCV and Atomica

Louder

All,

Has anyone played both amps? I wanted to get an understanding of the tone difference between the two, like amount of gain, mid-range, feel, etc. And how do they compare to a Diezel VH4? any info would be greatly appreciated!

- Paul

Louder":124b9hka said:
All,

Has anyone played both amps? I wanted to get an understanding of the tone difference between the two, like amount of gain, mid-range, feel, etc. And how do they compare to a Diezel VH4? any info would be greatly appreciated!

- Paul

This as per Brad from one of the posts for a general comparison between the Atomica and CCV. I will evenually have both when the 2nd run goes out.

[b]subject: Re: Cameron Atomica Official Video - Shot 1/25/12 in HollywoPosted: Sat, Jan 28, 2012 5:04pm

Owner - Rig-Talk.com

It is a totally different circuit and vibe than the CCV although obviously with the signature Cameron sound. The CCV is more polished and high fidelity sounding than Atomica IMO. The CCV is a true channel amp with midi and a real clean channel. The Atomica is just an ears back ass kicker. Not polite but really raw, lots of bottom end and heavy sounding. Both good but both complimentary and then there's the Old Bitch, she will be along in a few weeks.

Cool, has any had the chance to compare to a VH4? I am looking for a really tight sounding high gain machine to complement my PT100....

If by tight you mean tight not loose sounding, the CCV is tighter overall. Not to say the Atomica using the LG input cannot be tight. In HG with gain style selector to highest or second highest diode clipping position mode is not as tight as the CCV.

Exactly, tight meaning focused. I guess I'm looking to contrast the CCV-100 against Channel 3 and Channel 4 of the VH4.

Louder":1311vneg said:
Exactly, tight meaning focused. I guess I'm looking to contrast the CCV-100 against Channel 3 and Channel 4 of the VH4.

There are no comparisons between Ch. 3 of the VH4 and the CCV. Two totally different tones and voicing. They would compliment each other, running together, but not compare. The CCV is a Jose, diode clipping circuit. It is tight and articulate with a certain amount of sizzle, 80's Marshall type of thing, where the VH4 is well.....VH4.

Back