Celestion Alnico Cream

tripstan

Anybody using them? No experience with the creambackl series. I just pick one up for a closed back oversized 1x12. Only played it a few hours and hands down best speaker I've heard. Tried with Friedmans and a Princteon. It's not even broken in yet and I'm amazing. No mid hump like a V30 or Alnico Gold just a even true sounding speaker. Not neutral sounding, just a honest tone. Very excited to hear it in a few weeks when it really starts to break in. Gonna have to pick up a pair for my 2x12 cab. :rock:

They really do sound great in that clip. Though let's not confuse the Alnico Cream with the "Creamback" series which are all ceramic speakers.

-I agree, incredible speaker, the 2 55hz blackbacks in my Sig are gonna go towards a couple ALNICO CREAM's

man the alnico sounds great. I had 2 of the creambacks (M65) and they are beautiful sounding speakers, really 3D and balanced. But in hindsight I should have gone for the H75's for the sound I wanted.

If I had the $$ I would get the alnico over both the M and H though

First gig with them last night. I'm in love. Soooooooo worth the money. I'm selling my vintage G12-65's. And most of my V30's. I can't compare them to ceramic creambacks as I've never played them. But they blow V30's and 65's outta the water. V30's give a high mid hump, 65's have a darker lower mid hump. Everything sits perfect with the Alinco creams. Tight lows, punchy mids, sparkly highs very touch and volume knob responsive. Nothing is harsh. I've got about 10-15 hours into them. Very very excited to hear them in a month after some heavy gigging.

I'm putting one in my IIC+ combo. G12-65s always won for me vs V30, MC90/EV, but I just a/b'd and the Alnico Cream is another level. Quantum leap for the rhythm channel, and the lead channel has more punch. The EQ is perfect.

cnote":20hfr5yg said:
I'm putting one in my IIC+ combo. G12-65s always won for me vs V30, MC90/EV, but I just a/b'd and the Alnico Cream is another level. Quantum leap for the rhythm channel, and the lead channel has more punch. The EQ is perfect.

So they handle high gain well ? They must if in a C+...

Shocking but yes, handles high gain well for my purposes. Didn't expect it from an Alnico speaker. In my case, I had the Cream Alnico in a different cab, and never thought to use it with the IIC+. But it was obvious once I did that I needed to get one to put in the IIC+. I have the 60W IIC+ combo - so 90W is perfect too.

cnote":1k3h3qcu said:
Shocking but yes, handles high gain well for my purposes. Didn't expect it from an Alnico speaker. In my case, I had the Cream Alnico in a different cab, and never thought to use it with the IIC+. But it was obvious once I did that I needed to get one to put in the IIC+. I have the 60W IIC+ combo - so 90W is perfect too.
Could you talk a bit more about it, I also have a original MKC+ Combo

That is an amazing sounding speaker!! So expensive tho!! I don't think it would help my playing at all.
Celestion has a pretty cool video of it here:

Back