Celestion Lynchback speakers

jasonP

https://celestion.com/product/g12-50gl-lynchback/
Have any of you guys got a chance to play through this speaker?
A guitar buddy came over to my house and brought his Randall Lynch 4x12 cab and I thought it was one of the best sounding cabinets I’ve ever heard. Aggressive grinding mid range that sounds thick on the bottom and sweet on the top end. The mid range wasn’t over bearing or biting to the ear like a v30. They reminded me of a greenback that doesn’t sit back in the cabinet.

I used to swear by them. Sounded like a cross between V30 and Greenback to my ears. Over the years they lost a lot of top end and they sound very dark, and also not as efficient as other speakers (not as loud).

Dark, smooth, warm (insert sexual innuendo here…)
But definitely delivers that GB meets V30 vibe.
I have found it’s always easier to liven up dark speakers than it is to tame harsh speakers with the amp’s tone stack.

I always wanted to try them based on the V30/GB mix that everyone said that they had. Only being available in 8ohm was deal breaker for me at the time. Over the past 5 or more years though, I just stick with GB's.

I had a set of them and sold them. They were a good speaker but I wanted something with a bit more wattage.

Back